Rant part 2

jillianD
on 1/17/08 6:07 am, edited 1/18/08 10:48 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ok so yesterday I started getting this pain in my left side where you kidney is, I said to myself uh oh and  started drinking a bunch of water cause I was worried I had gotten a kidney infection.  Long story short finally went to the ER at Madigan at 4 am ( a time I highly recommend the place was empty) no infection.  Dr says maybe kidney stones I go get a catscan and dr says no stones but have you been having pains in you pelvis??  I say yea once in a while I didn't think much of it. Well I have a big ole cyst (golf ball) on my left ovary and need and ultrasound tomorrow!!  *whine*  I don't have time for this crap!!!  This better not mess up my surgery...Grrrrrr.... Any one ever have one of these????
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

amynicolelynn
on 1/17/08 6:25 am
UGH, I AM SO SORRY! IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL ANY BETTER I STARTED HAVING STOMACH PAIN, AND ENDED UP IN THE E.R. AS WELL. THEY DIAGNOSED ME WITH DIVERTICULITUS. THEY PRETTY MUCH JUST TREATED IT WITH ANTIBIOTICS, AND THAT WAS THAT.(so I thought) NOW THEY HAVE JUST TOLD ME I NEED A FREEKING COLONOSCOPYA DAY BEFORE SURGERY JUST TO BE SURE MY INSIDES ARE ALL HEALTHY!  I KNOW HOW YOU ARE FEELING!  I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU THAT THIS RESOLVES ITSELF W/OUT SURGERY!
nancy6
on 1/17/08 1:18 pm - Tacoma, WA
Gosh - there's a run on ER visits for you pre-ops!  That's not the way it's supposed to go!!    I hope they are able to take care of the diverticulitis - I've heard that can be pretty painful...  I had a colonoscopy last spring and the test itself wasn't too bad - it was the bowel prep the night before that I didn't like...  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well and your surgery proceeds as scheduled.

~Nancy~

kittykatzmom
on 1/17/08 6:30 am - Mason co., WA
Oh ouch....... I get ovarian cysts a coupke times a year and they are very painful, luckily mine have always burst on there own, but they can double you over. I can't see how this would effect your surgery. good luck with the ultra sound and let us know how it goes and hw your feeling afterwards.

~Cindy~

lorisb
on 1/17/08 6:58 am - Vancouver, WA
I hope you're feeling better and that the cyst just leaves you alone! Lori
Shelley S.
on 1/17/08 10:35 am - Ft Lewis, WA
OMG girl I am so sorry to hear you had to go to the ER and to find out about the cyst.  I'll be keeping you in my prayers that it doesnt affect your surgery, darn thing, you are right, no time for that.  Hang in there girl!

Annie B.
on 1/17/08 1:01 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Oh! I'm so sorry!!! YUCKY! I hope it gets taken care of FAST! Oh...and 4am is SOMETIMES a good time...unless there's a big bar fight with a bunch of guys...and the ER is hopping with them...guess that might only be Friday and Saturday nights...I went on a Saturday I think...got there around 2:30 or 3am...didn't get out until 7am!  Horrible!  So avoid that time on the weekends if you can.

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

nancy6
on 1/17/08 1:16 pm - Tacoma, WA
So sorry to hear about the cyst - but good that they found it now when you at least have a little time before surgery...  My thoughts and prayers will be with you that this will pass quickly and not interefere with your surgery.  Hang in there!!

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 1/18/08 10:56 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Acck I didn't get an ultrasound I had to see the dr first and by the time I got up there it was closed!!!!!!!!!!  Dr said the cyst is BIG 5cm and if it has to come out my surg will most likely get cancelled!!  Wahh  why me *stupid cyst*  Then he had to use the "C" word (like 7 times), why would he do that to me?  I am the worlds biggest worry wart.  Know I know that the chances of that happening are very slim but geez.  *sigh* I'm going to fix me a drink.   Sorry for whining
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 1/18/08 12:14 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Oh sweety dont be sorry, I would be the same way and I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I'm sorry you didnt get your US today, will they let you on Tuesday?  You still have a little bit, and I am holding out hope that everything will go like you want.  Don't give up yet, you have worked hard to get here and even if they do have to postpone (I refuse to use cancel) your surgery, I have faith that you will get to that losers bench soon after they get you fixed up. You'll be in my prayers girl (((((((((((((((((big hug))))))))))))))))))

Most Active