Liquid diet is working...woo-hoo!

Annie B.
on 1/16/08 1:11 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Well, I went on a liquid diet to lose some of the weight I gained over the holidays - since I don't wanna go into the surgeon and see that I've GAINED weight...so my goal was to get back down to where I was before.   Of course, I can't really rely on my scale....but according to the most gotten numbers LOL...I have lost 5-6 of the 8 pounds I gained!  I've been experimenting with protein drinks and eating soups and stuff...woo-hoo!  I'm so thrilled that it's gone down.  My goal is to be under 300 when I go to my appointment next tuesday...that's only 2-3 pounds away now - to get to 299!!  YAY! We went to the commissary and bought three flavors of the protein drinks - spending about $45 for all of it...well I detested the strawberry - YUCK...and the chocolate wasn't that great.  The only one I liked was the vanilla.  So I returned the others to the store...I'm surprised they actually let me, since they have to take a loss on it, but I got $33 back...i know which ones to stay away from.   Also, I took the vanilla stuff, skim mil**** and some chocolate (sugar free) pudding powder and blended them together...so far that's my favorite one! And the protien drinks have really helped me in not being so hungry!  This is my third day on the liquid diet by the way. Anyway, just had to share!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 1/16/08 2:39 am, edited 1/16/08 2:40 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Good for you Annie!!!  I plan on doing that the week before surgery so I can get some liver shrinkage going on.  LOL  I know it isn't necessary per madigan but I want to have the easiest surgery ever!! As far as the comissary goes  I love that they will take things back.  Too cool huh? The only choclate I like is the RDT pure protein brand at trader joes, have you been there?? They have 21g and 35g ones, they are pretty sweet though.  The GNC is a good place to go too and if you get one of their little gold cards(10.00?) you get quite a discount.  Really adds up if you like some of their products.  You can use it online.  Also I have heard that they take returns too.  But I am not sure about that. TTFN
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Annie B.
on 1/16/08 2:55 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Yeah...I am going to do it right before surgery too - 1-2 weeks.  My husband says, "well if you're used to it, after doing it this week, you could just do it until your surgery.  I said, "well that all depends on how long it will be until my surgery." If my surgery isn't until March...I don't think I wanna be doing this for 6 weeks! LOL.  He was like, "oh...yeah.  I guess not"  Silly guy! I do have to say that he is only for it because I'm taking lots of protein and because I am taking vitamins...he wants to make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need.  He's never been one to be for crash or strict diets.   And you know, they've said that if you get lots of protein prior to surgery, it will help you heal quicker too...so that's good.  I am definitely thinking about getting some of that unflavored protein powder...so I can add it to soups and other stuff.  I've heard that helps sneak in protein when it would be hard  to get otherwise.

Shelley S.
on 1/16/08 6:05 am - Ft Lewis, WA
That is awesome Annie!!!  I too plan on doing the liquid diet right before surgery, for my own benefit even though it's not required for us.  I figure it can't hurt right?  lol

Annie B.
on 1/16/08 7:12 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey Shelley, Yeah, I think it will be beneficial to do.  It will shrink down the liver and give us a head start!  Let me tell ya though...it's been hard!  Especially having to cook for the kiddos...I've let my husband do a lot of it and making him fend for himself, and I have to leave the room sometimes when they eat.  But I will survive!!!

nancy6
on 1/16/08 6:53 am - Tacoma, WA
That's great, Annie!!!  Keep up the good work...  Don't forget - if you go to Vitalady they'll mix up any of the proteins for you and you can taste before buying...  One thing I've found is that my tastes changed after surgery.  One of the protein powders I really enjoyed pre-surgery just does not taste good now.  Only a few more days until you get your surgery date - woohoo!!!  Take care....

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 1/16/08 7:15 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey Nancy!  How are you feeling?  Are you back to yourself again?  Good to see you here! Yes...I need to go to vitalady.  It's great to know that. I figure I found something I like right now for now...and there's a lot of it, so I might as well use it up...because I know my tastes may change after surgery...I wanna use it while I can LOL.   I know...only a few days until I get my date!! I'm so excited.  I hope I don't have to wait TOO long for the surgery.  I have considered getting put on a cancellation list...like if they have someone cancel, that I'd be called to see if I could make it in...but I'm not totally sure about that...not even sure if they do that at Madigan.

Most Active