I've started gaining weight HELP!!!!!!!!

Alicia W.
on 1/9/08 2:30 am - Ephrata, WA
I am 3 1/2 years out from my gastric bypass.  I just found out yesterday that I have gained 16 pounds in the last 3 months.  I am looking for an online support group or at the very least someone I can talk to on a regular basis.  I have almost no support from my family.  I DO NOT want to go back to where I was before surgry but I need help.  Any ideas?
Starting Over
on 1/9/08 3:49 am
Can you talk to your surgeon or a nutritionist to help you get back on track? I think this is what we all fear, I'm sorry this happened.  Good luck!
rocknrobin
on 1/9/08 5:57 am - Vancouver, WA
This is a great place for on-line support. I would also as Seattle Chick mentioned call your surgeon. Are you still having checkups with him? I know mine has a support group at the hospital here. I would check into that. Good luck! Robin
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
lorisb
on 1/9/08 12:27 pm - Vancouver, WA
Do you monitor your calories on fitday.com or somewhere else?  You may be taking in more calories than you realize.  Otherwise you may have issues with the stoma size or have started to reabsorb more calories.  I second the visit back to the surgeon (to make sure there isn't a mechanical issue) and a nutritionist to cover your bases and get a refresher. Good luck! Lori
Alicia W.
on 1/10/08 12:02 am - Ephrata, WA
I asked my nutritionist about the whole gaining weight issue.  She said "You have the tools you need, you just need to use them."  Then she suggested a support group, that's why I'm looking for an online group because there are no support groups here where I live. 
jillianD
on 1/10/08 10:18 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi Alicia,
I was just thinking you might get more help from the weight loss grads board here. Its for people more than a year out and they have a what have you eaten today accountability thread where you can get an idea where you are getting off track. Lots of info there. Good luck!!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active