Need to find a surgeon that does revision from Lap to RNY

winniepooh2
on 1/6/08 3:32 pm - Trail, Canada
Hi.  I am another canadian, looking for a surgeon stateside (West coast) if possible, that can do a revision from Lapbanding to RNY. I am going to try and get BC approval for surgery in the states before venturing into Mexico or India... and so I need to have a surgeon that actually does revision surgery. The Rockwell center in Spokane (Postfalls) will not return any phone calls or emails, so I can get anywhere in finding out if they will do a revision from Lapband to RNY. Any help would be appreciated.  I have an appointment with a general surgeon on the 11th to get my forms filled out and need to have found a surgeon by then.  I am not getting a lot of support from my medical team in canada, so I am left to do the brunt of the research myself.
jillianD
on 1/7/08 2:19 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi I don't have an answer to you question but I wanted to tell you to keep looking here and maybe on the oregon board ( if that is not too far away) you might post on the main forum also, I know there are a lot of washington people here but this board is a little slow. They might see it faster on the main board.
Good luck in you quest!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

lorisb
on 1/7/08 4:56 am - Vancouver, WA
If you look at the "find bariatric surgeons" tab at the top you'll be able to see them by state.  I can't suggest someone specifically for a revision but I just wanted to try and point you in the right direction. Lori
nancy6
on 1/7/08 11:27 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, WInnie - I had lap RNY surgery on 12/6/07 with Dr. Ki Oh in Federal Way, WA (just south of Seattle).  You can find his info in the "find a bariatric surgeon" section on this site.  If you can't find his info, send me a PM and I'll give all the scoop.   I know that he does both lapband and RNY and that he also does revisions - but I"m not sure if he does revisions from lapband to RNY.  It might be worth a phone call.  He is associated with St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way.  He came highly recommended to me and has an excellent reputation.  I have been very pleased with how my surgery and recovery have gone.  I wish you all the best on getting your approval and finding a dr. to do your revision.  You'll find lots of friends and support here...  Take care.

~Nancy~

Helen_Anne
on 1/8/08 12:47 pm - Bremerton, WA
Hi....   One of the best Revision Surgeons is Dr Richard Thirlby at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle Washington.. He has been doing Gastric Bypass surgery for over 20 years.  I k Rnow that he has done many Lap Band to R-N-Y. He only does open R-N-Y.  The main phone number for Virginia Mason is 206-223-6600. Then you would need to be transfered to his office. Helen
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/8/08 1:04 pm - Buckley, WA
Dr. Oh does do revisions ,  Lapband to RNY . You can just click his name below my avatar & get his profile . Good luck . Kathy

Dawn S.
on 1/8/08 2:07 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
I believe Dr. Weber in Ballard WA also does the revision.  He is also one the bariatric surgens list.  He does his surgeries either at the swedish medical center in ballard or at stevens hospital in edmonds.  If you cannot find his number let me know and i will give it to you dawn

winniepooh2
on 1/10/08 5:35 pm - Trail, Canada
I was able to confirm that Dr. Peter Billings can do a revison... now I just have to see if I can get approval, if I can't then I will be heading to Mexico or India, as self pay in the states for Gastric Bypass is just too expensive.!
Most Active