Almost done

Shelley S.
on 1/4/08 7:41 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Well, I finished up with Meg today at Madigan and got to go over and make my appointment with the surgeon.  I changed surgeons because Sebesta is in HIGH demand because he is doing both the RnY and lapband as well, so his plate is more than full.  Meg said Dr Rush is busy but not as bad as some others, so I see him on the 28th of January to get my surgery date.  Same day as Annie, go figure  lol Meg did tell me though Dr Martin will be on soon, he's not back yet, so for those just starting out or almost there, there will be another surgeon in the clinic very soon. Thankfully, the month will go by faster because I have 3 3 hour classes the next 3 Tuesdays at the hospital for my diabetes and then my sleep study on the 24th to check for sleep apnea.  My son flies in today as well to stay and work for a few months while his fiance finishes AIT in Texas so it will be nice to have all that to keep my mind busy and not the waiting time. Fran, you will be there soon girl, I can't wait to hear you have your appointment as well.

jillianD
on 1/4/08 8:46 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yea Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you that is great!! And you know I have heard good things about Dr. R. LOL I was just thinking to bad you won't be there on the 29th cause thats when I am doing preop with dr.S and anestheia. Oh well.
I was telling someone else you will prob see several post ops hanging around for follow up when you are waiting for you apt, Chat them up cause you will get so excited to meet people that your dr has worked on and how happy they are. Relived my mind a bit when I met a bunch of new post op's.
Hey though I haven't *seen annie* around lately she been busy? Just wonderin.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 1/4/08 8:49 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Annie may have been busy with holidays and such, she better still be around or I'll go find her myself  heheh. I have made so many wonderful connections through this board and going through the pathway classes as well.  I will for sure chat with those waiting to see Dr R if any are there.  Meg seemed to like him a lot too.  She said ask for Dr Rush first and if not, ack can't remember who she said, but she wanted me to try for Dr Rush.  She said of course they are all good.

kittykatzmom
on 1/4/08 9:37 am - Mason co., WA
Thats great news Shelley, your one step closer to seeing little Shelley. hopefully the time will go fast for you.

~Cindy~

Fran575
on 1/4/08 11:28 am - Tacoma, WA

Hey there, Are you going for the Laproscopic Bypass or Open? Which is the one that Dr. Rush does most often? Did Meg say anything about Dr. Carter (he is head of the Bariatric Department at Madigan)?

And what is Dr. Martin's specialty?

Okay, that's enough questions for now. Take care, Fran

Shelley S.
on 1/4/08 11:33 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Hey there girl, I was missing you in a major way!  The girl who made the appointment says he does both, so I am of course hoping for lap but I have made up my mind to expect the worst and hope for the best, kind of way I get through army life  lol She didn't mention Dr Carter although I have heard a lot of people mention him and nothing bad what so ever. Good question about Dr Martin, you could ask her once you see her or maybe try searching under the surgeons here on the board and see if he comes up, I hadnt thought of that until I just typed this. You have my number girl, keep in touch.

nancy6
on 1/4/08 2:04 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hey, Shelley - You're doing great getting all the appts done!  You'll have your surgery date before you know it!!  Sounds like you have a full month ahead of you and that definitely will help the time pass by more quickly...  Great to hear how things are going for you and I look forward to hearing again when you get your date!  Take care... ~Nancy~
Shelley S.
on 1/4/08 11:35 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Thanks everyone, It's hard not to get excited even this far out from that appointment.  It seems like it's been a long journey already but really it hasn't been at all and I'm very grateful for that.

Annie B.
on 1/5/08 4:33 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
From what I hear...Dr. Carter prefers to do Open. It's funny that Meg had mentioned Dr. Rush to you.  I had mentioned it to her, and she seemed to act like switching drs wasn't easy or a great thing to do.  I mentioned I wanted either Sebesta or Rush and she didn't say much to me. Oh well. And, hopefully I'll be around more now...life is seeming to calm down a little bit...and heck...I have no where else to go right now. Oh...I know what it was...Adam got me this cool new cell phone for Christmas...I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure it all out...and I have spent a lot of time on a Sprint forum (our cell provider)...where I was learning about the thing...but it's a lot of fun. ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Shelley S.
on 1/5/08 11:31 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Hey there girlie! Good to see ya!  I think because Meg knew Sebesta has his plate way overloaded and I hadn't actually met him yet (he was stuck in surgery my first appointment) was why she suggested it. I hear ya about cell phones, I got a new one when we moved here and I am still learning the darn thing  lol

Most Active