Bummed...

jillianD
on 1/2/08 8:48 am, edited 1/4/08 9:13 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well my hubby just came home from workand told me that he is gonna be out in the field during my surg, So I have a choice to try and move the date.... military hosp ha ha.... or go it alone. *sigh* I just don't know what I am gonna do.
Sorry for being a bummer.

Edit~~~ Got everything worked out!!!! thanks!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

lorisb
on 1/2/08 12:42 pm - Vancouver, WA
You won't be able to do it alone?  As long as you can get home from the hospital you can probably do ok (especially if you arrange for a friend to check in on you periodically).  If you have your surgery open you'll have more of an issue.  Keep your chin up.  Where there's a will, there's a way! Lori
jillianD
on 1/2/08 12:55 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thanks Lori, you are right where there is a will there is a way. I hope I can go it alone cause I will if I have to. I've never had any surgery before and the only time I've ever been in the hosp was when I had my son. And that was less than 24 hrs. It is just that I would like him there for once, and I am worried about what I will do if something goes wrong like major complications. Or having to have my surg open instead of lap. I was a born worrier.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

lorisb
on 1/2/08 1:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
Plan for the worst, aim for the best!  Maybe someone up in the area can be your real life angel and at least help see you through some of the basics.  I know you're not alone.  I'm just too far south to be too much help to you.  What about someone from your surgeon's support group?  I'm sure someone would be willing to help (or take shifts). I know I had lap band but I was almost immobile pre-op so I didn't get around very well at all post-op.  Still, I could manage to take my meds, sleep, go to the bathroom, etc.  The first week was the worst and then I really started to feel good. Look at it this way (now, I'm a worrier -- hey, I have socialized and general anxiety disorders, lol, along with post traumatic stress disorder so I LOVE control) if you were suddenly in a severe auto accident, what would you do?  Have you planned for that yet?  If not, why not?  Ok, now get that terrible thought out of your head.  You know the answer, too.  You (and your family) would do what was necessary to get you and them through the situation.  That's what (real) friends and family do.  I've seen it time and time again.  Real family provides the love and support you need to allow you to simply be. Take care!  And don't worry...  Research and prepare, but don't worry.
kittykatzmom
on 1/2/08 12:59 pm - Mason co., WA
sorry to hear your hubby won't be there.  I do not work and live in Shelton I would be more than happy to sit with you in the hospital.  it would also give me more insight on what to expect. Just let me know a few days ahead if you decide to do that so I can make sure I have not appts. scheduled.

~Cindy~

Shelley S.
on 1/3/08 1:44 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Jillian, I will be there for you girl, I will email with you privately about details but if you can't get them to move your date up then you got whatever you need from me

Most Active