Gig Harbor area Support Group

LiseScarlett
on 12/31/07 12:36 am - Fox Island, WA
Hi everyone and Happy New Year's Eve!  I am looking for a Support Group in the Gig Harbor area. If you have any information to share about this, please let me know. Thanks!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/31/07 4:35 am - WA
I host a support group the second Tuesday of each month in Auburn, if that is not to far for you. January 8th. at 6:30 pm. We are doing a after the holidays gift exchange. Would love to meet you. Give me a call for directions. (253) 939 8865  Merrilou
vitalady
on 1/2/08 6:07 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
We have support groups in Puyallup, 2nd Tuesday (then the Wed and Thursday--bands only on Thurs -- of the same week.)

There is one in Bremerton 3rd Tuesday at Harrison Hospital, 7pm.

Both of these groups include patients of Dr S.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

LiseScarlett
on 1/2/08 12:09 pm - Fox Island, WA
Wow! Even Bremerton is far away. I sure wish there was something closer. Even Port Orchard is better than something clear up in King County. Thanks Michelle for the information. Is the Bremerton group for all types of patients?

vitalady
on 1/3/08 4:43 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Haha! We attend it, so t's further from Puyallup. But we're FROM Bremerton, so still consider it our home group.

The nice thing is that ours (Pierce County) or Bremerton are both made up of appx equal parts Dr S and Dr Oh pts, so the nutritonal program discussed and encouraged is the one you'll be on. Our Thursday one is bands only and we've committed to 4 of these meetings to see if they draw enough ppl.

Bremerton is all docs, all patient types. Open to anyone.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

kittykatzmom
on 1/2/08 1:04 pm - Mason co., WA
I go to the Brem. naval hosp. support group and they changed the day it's the 1st tues. of every mo. except this month due to new years so its next week at 7pm. in the wellness center classroom on the 1st floor. I come all the way from Shelton as they is no group closer for me either.  this group is wonderful and has pre-op and post-op some are 4yrs post-op even with lots of answers.

~Cindy~

LiseScarlett
on 1/3/08 10:29 pm - Fox Island, WA
Thank you all for the suggestions. Next step - get someone to watch my children so I can drive to these places! By the way - do these forums on oh.com count as support groups?

Most Active