Anyone in Eastern Washington????

carlyngail
on 12/28/07 12:30 am - Moses Lake, WA
Particularly in the Moses Lake area??  I keep running into friends or coworkers that say oh someone at my husbands work had that done or I have a relative, but I haven t actually met anyone from around here.  It would be nice to set up a support group for the columbia basin area but I dont know how to go about doing it. Carlyn

Suzanne_G
on 12/28/07 12:58 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi Carlyn Im in Spokane.  Are you sure you dont have any supports there?  Most hosptials seem to have them now.  I go to one that had nothing to do with my surgery. (im a Kaiser CA member).  But attend meetings up here. How are you doing with your surgery?  How far out are you?  Happy with the process, etc? I had surgery May, 2007.   Im a SLOW loser, but i'd do it again in a heartbeat.  After the first month, i never lost more than 5 lbs a month.  and ..  from Sept through Dec here.. h avent lost a lb.  Seem to have lost a couple more inches though.   Im a pretty solid size 12 now. (from 18/20)  But I dont want to stop here.   I walk every day (found a gym with an indoor track (hate treadmills).  So thats keeping me going for the winter.  Hope everything is going well for you. Suzanne (ps..do you know the Teslows in Moses Lake?) (inlaws)
carlyngail
on 12/28/07 2:23 am - Moses Lake, WA
I had my surgery at sacred heart.  I think I am an average loser.  Surgery was Nov 5th so I am almost 8 weeks out and down 45 lbs.  I do feel good though.  I have been going to a fitness club.  I dont mind the tredmill.  I have been trying to do some weights also.  I feel like a dork though.  I am not very good at it.  There is a weigh watchers and a overeaters anon meeting in town but nothing I can find for wls people specifically.  I run into alot of weigh****cher people that are not supportive of wls so I havent tried their meetings.  I think the challenges we face while similar in many ways have alot of differences that are too specific for others to understand without going through it. I have had days where I wonder if this was the right thing but it is only momentary and then I move on.  I know that this was good for my health.  I think I have been lucky and things have gone very smoothly.  No complications so far.  My family is very supportive and I am blessed with good friends and a wonderful husband. I am in another stall.  Last time I went a week and a half losing nothing and started getting mad.  So far its been 3 days and I promised myself I would not get frustrated this time.  Like that is going to stop me but I will try.    You are brave to have been a slow loser and still feel good. I dont know what I would do.  Are you back to eating regular food?  I am so tired of pureeing things.   I dont know the Teslows but I will ask my husband if he does. He grew up aroung here so he knows alot of people.  Good luck and keep movin. Thanks for responding. Carlyn 

jeepgirl98
on 12/29/07 4:39 am - Pasco, WA
Hi Carlyn, I had my surgery back in May of this year in Oregon where I used to live but I now live in the Tri Cities. not to far from you. I really wish there was a support group around here. congrats on your weight loss so far you are doing good. I have really started to slow down with the loosing and not happy about that at all. good luck and Hugs  Toni

Live  Laugh  Love
carlyngail
on 12/29/07 5:22 am - Moses Lake, WA
How are you liking it there.  When I need non walmart shopping we always head to the columbia center mall area.  My husband loves sportmans wearhouse.  I hope to soon be doing as well as you have.  did you have a support group in oregon?  Maybe if we can find more people after the snow melts we could get together. Carlyn

teneasa
on 12/30/07 11:58 am - Spokane, WA
I am in North Spokane and I travel to Post Falls,  ID for a support group.  Does anyone know of anything closer?  The weather is so crappy, I hate to make the drive out there.  Thanks!  Happy Losing Everyone
Teneasa
Lap Rny- December 17, 2007
Highest/Pre-Op/Current/Goal
244/228/209/125-130

[email protected]
www.myspace.com/teneasa

Only 9 more pounds til Onederland!
Hisdove
on 12/30/07 1:41 pm
I've never been myself... but there is a support group at the Rockwood Clinic in Spokane.  I live 90 miles north of Spokane... there is nothing at all here... and I know about the crappy weather.. I stay close to home during the winter. -Shakeira

HW/SW/CW/GW
335 /312/250/180

giver44
on 12/30/07 2:03 pm - Post Falls, ID
  I live in Post Falls and happily drive to Spokane for my support group.        We meet every 3rd Thursday at 6:00 .. in suite 7070 there in the Sacred Heart Doctors Building.  That is the parking garage at Sacred Heart.  All are welcome.   Alice
teneasa
on 12/31/07 1:40 am - Spokane, WA
Thank you for the information on the support groups. Sounds like there are two of them in the Spokane area-- at the SHDB and at Rockwood clinic. I appreciate your replies!
Teneasa
Lap Rny- December 17, 2007
Highest/Pre-Op/Current/Goal
244/228/209/125-130

[email protected]
www.myspace.com/teneasa

Only 9 more pounds til Onederland!
kaiti1965
on 1/13/08 3:21 am - Wenatchee, WA

Im in the Wenatchee Area, am told there is a support group that meets at the PUD.. But am not sure.

Kathy

Most Active