Support Group in Vancouver anyone??

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/07 2:49 pm
I am 2 years out and am starting to slip a little, am pregnant (newly) and just kind of need some reminding of what I should be eating, doing, etc.... are there any over here? Thanks,  Wendi
Shelley S.
on 12/27/07 10:00 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Wendi, I'm not in that area so I have no idea about the support groups, but I'm sure someone will come along soon who does.  I just wanted to say I took a look at your profile and WOW, you have done an amazing job! You look fantastic girl!  Also, congrats on being pregnant as well

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/08 4:29 pm
Thanks so much! It is very hard but very worth it! Good luck to you!
rocknrobin
on 12/27/07 10:06 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi Wendi. I went for the first time to a support group meeting though SWMC. I had the lap band, but I know they also have a RNY support group. Just go on-line to the SWMC web page. Robin
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
podunker
on 12/29/07 1:27 am - Washougal, WA
I went to the RNY pre-op support group before I decided to have the lapband. Just to let you know they are a wonderful group and will greet you with open arms. I remember they met on a Wed. evening but not which one so do like Robin said and check out swmedicalcenter under bariatric center. Congrats on the baby!
lorisb
on 12/30/07 8:27 am - Vancouver, WA
Periodically there are informal get-togethers in the Portland area (usually for breakfast and, lately, most have been at the Elmer's in Delta Park).  Be sure to be checking on the Oregon board, too.  The people I've met are absolutely incredible and very supportive.  We also enjoy pushing out the other people from the area when we start talking about our bodily functions!    Maybe I'll see you around! And congrats on the baby! Lori
classite
on 1/4/08 4:03 pm - Battle Ground, WA

Dr. Cagle and Dally have a support group meeting for RNY post ops the 3rd Wed of each month at 7:00.  All are welcome.  It is held at SouthWest Washington Medical Center in the Education Center.  Would love to have you join us.

Cheryl

Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Most Active