My first post

Tazzi
on 12/24/07 4:47 am - WA
I've been reading this forum for a while now, but haven't posted before.  My surgery is Thursday, Dec, 27th.  I opted out of Christmas this year because all our family get togethers center around food - and I'm on a liquid diet!  I'm cranky and finding being alone for the ultimate family holiday more difficult than I expected.  So......I'm looking to this family for support and to be talked out of putting whipped cream on my sugar free jello!
podunker
on 12/24/07 9:02 am - Washougal, WA
Welcome to the boards. Well if it's any consolation to you my pre-op for banding was 4 weeks of skim milk, isopure fruit drink and all the water and crystal lite I wanted! Fun huh? Can you do some of the holiday get togethers and just beg off the eating part? Upset stomach or sore teeth are always good outs! And put that whipping cream away!
Tazzi
on 12/24/07 9:14 am - WA

LOL!  OK - no whipped cream!  The reason I'm in this big ugly body is because I lack will power so it's better to just stay home.  My daughter said she'd put a piece of prime rib in the freezer for me!  I just have to get through 2 more days.  Seems pretty stupid to be complaining now when I'm so close to what I've worked towards for months, doesn't it.  Especially since your pre-op diet was so much worse than mine is!

Shelley S.
on 12/24/07 9:14 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there and happy holidays! Put the whipped cream down and step away slowly, you'll be very glad you did once you are on that losers bench.  I imagine the liquid diet does suck especially right now, and I too know I would be cranky.  Just keep your eye on the big big prize and that's your new birthday just a few days away.  We're here for you

Tazzi
on 12/24/07 9:17 am - WA
Thank you Shelly.  You're a sweetheart!
rocknrobin
on 12/25/07 4:08 am - Vancouver, WA
I think if you need to be a hermit to get yourself through this hard phase, then do it! You really need to baby yourself and do what works for you. Good luck and let us know how the surgery goes.
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
Tazzi
on 12/25/07 7:57 am - WA
Thanks everyone - I'm through pouting and back to being excited about my big day!
Cristina130
on 12/26/07 7:52 am - Mukilteo, WA
Welcome to the boards.  We can't wait to share the loser's bench with ya!  Don't worry about complaining.  We have lived so long with food being a HUGE part of every holiday and celebration and get together.  Often before and after surgery will actually go through a "mourning phase" and feel like we have lost a friend.  It's OKAY!  We are all here for you on your good and bad days.   What an exciting Christmas gift for yourself though.  Congrats! Cristina 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tazzi
on 12/26/07 1:20 pm - WA
Thank you!
nancy6
on 12/27/07 12:32 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Tazzi - I know you're at the hospital right now, but I wanted to send you a note to let you know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers today!  Just 3 weeks ago today I was in your very same spot - with Dr. Oh doing my surgery...  You're in great hands and I'll be anxious to hear how you're doing when you get back home.  I know the liquid diet was a hassle - especially during the holidays - but you made it!!!  At least after surgery you won't feel hungry while you are still on clear liquids for a while.  At least that's how it's been for me...  Take care and keep in touch! ~Nancy~
Most Active