Whats next???

SueBeez
on 12/16/07 5:24 am
Hi all,  Another newbee here. Can anyone tell me what is the next step? I went to the seminar way back in Aug. Had my 1st appt. with the surgeon at the end of Oct. who set me up to have an EGD done. Ok, had the EGD done on Dec 5th. (that was kinda scary) Now I have another appt with the surgeon on wed. I knew going into this that my insurance would not pay a dime so I dont have to wait for any of that mess. I guess my question is the time line of it all...am I still 2,3,or 4 months out or does it happen sooner? Any info would be appreciated.  On another note...I am so happy about finding this site. You all are so supportive of each other. Very refreshing :::smile:::   ~~Sue~~
Shelley S.
on 12/16/07 6:32 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there and welcome I have no answer as to how far out you may be, but it sounds like this is your second appointment with your surgeon, so it could very well be the time he will set your surgery date.  A lot will depend on his schedule of course, but sounds like you are very close. Keep us updated on your progress, we would love to share your journey with you

nancy6
on 12/16/07 11:12 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Sue - I just had my surgery with Dr. Oh last Thursday...  Since you are self-pay, I agree with Shelley that you will most likely get your surgery date at your appt. with him next week.  My insurance paid, but when I got the insurance approval, I had my surgery date about a week later.  The date was a month out due to the dr's schedule and then was set out another week due to some scheduling issue.  So once I was approved, my surgery was completed within about 6 weeks.  I would guess you will fall in that timeline as well - so it shouldn't be too much longer for you!!  Have you attended the nutrtion class or any of the other classes at St. Francis (there will be a pre-admissiong appt as well as a pre-surgery class)?  You will also need to have a lot of pre-op tests done - pulmonary function test, EKG, chest x-ray, ultrasound, blood work.  That should all get done in one day at St. Francis.  Then you'll also need to see an internist (probably Dr. Fajardo) to go over all those tests and get his clearance that you are OK for surgery.  I would think you could get those things done after you have your date set.  Just an FYI - Dr. Oh does surgery on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I wish you all the best - please keep in touch and I'd be happy to talk to you as you go through this.  I agree - this site is great!!!  Take care and I wish you all the best! ~Nancy~
SueBeez
on 12/19/07 1:50 pm
Nancy & Shelley, Thanks for the info. Wow, Nancy you were right on the mark. I had my 2nd appt. with Dr Oh today and he has already set a surgery date for Feb 12th. YES!!!  I also got all of my paper work and tests scheduled for the second week in Jan. Yippie !!!          How are you feeling since your surgery? Hope things are well for you. Thanks again, Sue
vitalady
on 12/18/07 8:23 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
We have support groups here in Puyallup, but didn't notice your surgery type?

The next group are 8 and 9 for any surgery type, any surgeon. 10th is any surgeon, but bands only. Still testing this concept.

You are welcome to attend any or all 3 an ask as many questions are your brain can format!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

SueBeez
on 12/19/07 1:35 pm
Thanks so much. I think I would like to come to your next Lap Band meeting on the 10th. Can you message me the directions? Thanks again, Sue  = )
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/18/07 11:59 pm, edited 12/19/07 12:00 am - WA
Hi Sue, I host a support group the 2nd Tuesday every month in Auburn. Come join us and bring all your questions! Merrilou (253) 939-8865
lorisb
on 12/21/07 11:41 pm - Vancouver, WA
I just wanted to say welcome! Lori
Most Active