WannkeChaBe
on 12/14/07 10:02 am - Wenatchee, WA
Hey all.  I'm new (again). It's been quite awhile since I was here, so I decided to start over.  I'm 31, marriedn with no children. I have been overweight since my dad passed away in 1987. I have currently plateaued at 291.   I just want out of this skin more than anything. I want to be happy and energetic again and carefree!  I am house-bound due to the psychological effects of the weight combined with certain events in my life.  I cannot look at myself in the mirror and continue to justify hiding behind all this fat. It's time for ME to take control, deal with it and get healthy.  What scares me is that try as I may, I cannot lose weight through 'traditional' methods.  WHEW! Enough for now...I get long-winded sometimes!
Shelley S.
on 12/14/07 10:25 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there, and welcome back!! I'm Shelley and on my downhill slide toward my surgery date.  I'm 41, married and have one grown son and one 17 year old daughter.  I have been researching for years and now it felt like the right time to do something about it.  I want to be around to see my kids get married, have me some grandbabies and I want to be able to not only hold them on my lap (that I dont have now) but I want to be able to keep up with them like I did my kids, or close anyway. Just jump right in anywhere

lorisb
on 12/14/07 1:07 pm - Vancouver, WA
Welcome!  I hope you can find the support you need. Lori
podunker
on 12/15/07 5:23 am - Washougal, WA
Welcome, there are lots of great folks here.
jillianD
on 12/15/07 8:57 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Welcome, I hope we see you here often!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 12/15/07 1:39 pm - Tacoma, WA
Welcome back to the OH boards!  There is so much information and support to be had here - I hope you able to use it all to help you make a decision.  It's good that you are at a point where you want to take control and change things - you're the only one who can do that.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers and don't hesitate to post here again!  Take care... ~Nancy~
Annie B.
on 12/17/07 8:16 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Welcome!  I look forward to getting to know you!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Shell Marr
on 12/19/07 5:38 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
WELCOME!
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

Cristina130
on 12/20/07 12:40 pm - Mukilteo, WA
Welcome.  It sounds like you have made a big step in admitting that you need help.  Do you have any idea of what kind of help you would like?  This website has so many people that can help you and great information.  No matter what you do, know that we are here for you and have or are walking in your shoes.  Don't worry about being long-winded......let it out.  You'll feel better!! I hope to see you around the threads more..... Cristina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most Active