Surgeons at Madigan...

Annie B.
on 12/11/07 1:47 am, edited 12/13/07 6:00 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with

Ok...well I've been trying to figure out who some of the drs over at Madigan are, I'd like to know more about them if I can...(I'm gonna post this in the RNY forum too, since it's less visited here). See, I want to have the laparoscopic RNY, and I wanna know who I should make sure to avoid... What I'm trying to do is compile a list - of surgeons and what they like to do and have most experience with...here's what I know SO FAR... Preston Carter - older, likes to do Open RNY Dr. Rush - does Laparoscopic *heard good things about him* Alec Beekley - I have heard some mixed reviews of him...I think I'll be trying for either Rush or Sebesta James Sebesta - one of the most requested surgeons - longer wait, does Laparoscopic

Eggbroten (or egg-something) - I heard from someone had a surgery (not WLS) done that he likes to cut - so I'm guessing that means he likes to do them Open.  Confirmed - he only does open.

So please...whatever info, experience you have with one of the madigan surgeons...please let me know.

Thanks!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 12/11/07 6:05 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi Annie, I have been told by another surg that Sebesta and Rouch?(sp) are the most experienced with the lap. Hope that helps. Have you gotten you psych eval done yet?? I had mine with C Rathburn she was very nice and turned in my results to Meg within 24 hours. I was very impressed. Hope your week is wonderful.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Annie B.
on 12/11/07 6:47 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey Jillian~ I will be doing my psych evaluation on Monday - wow...less than a week!  That's great she got it back to Meg so quickly.  When did you have yours?  How did it go?  I'll be seeing Christina Rasmussen - she's in Lakewood. This is the first I've heard of Rouch - maybe we can find a confirmation of the spelling of the name from someone?   I am thinking I will request Dr. Sebesta for the surgery - since I have heard SUCH good stuff about him.  Do you have your date yet?  I remember reading that yours was put off because you were choosing a different surgeon (that was you, right?)  I don't mind having to wait a little longer to get Dr. Sebesta - especially since I can't do it until the last week of January anyway... I wonder, does Dr. Sebesta remove the gall bladder with the laparoscopic RNY?  That would be good to know...I'd kinda like to have mine taken out since I've heard that a lot of people have trouble with their gall bladders after surgery. Have a great week yourself!  I just finished finals...so now I need to sleep!

jillianD
on 12/11/07 7:53 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I don't see Dr, Sebesta till the 28th of this month, long wait... That was me requesting a diff surg btw. No idea if he removes the gallbladder I hope so though, everyone in my family eventually has had theirs removed so I figure just get it done. Good luck with your finals. Also I see on your profile that you use the gym on ft lewis good for you I would too if it wasn't so far. Also I don't know if you are aware they have free personal trainers for you to work with. I used them once upon a time and it was really helpful the first couple of months till you get used to all the equipment.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 12/11/07 2:56 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Annie - You might want to contact vitalady.com as at her support group last month she had a friend/neighbor there who had surgery done at Madigan.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the surgeon's name.  I actually think she had the Eggbroten guy, but had wanted someone else.  She felt Egg-guy did a great job, though.  Anyway, Michelle (vitalady) may be able to give you more info.  She's actually having a support group tomorrow evening from 7-8:30 - it's a Christmas party type deal, but I know you (and anyone else) would be welcome.  If you do go, we're to bring a $5 gift (gag gift or whatever) and something for a potluck (no or low milk or sugar items)...  It sure sounds like things move along pretty well at Madigan, so I imagine you'll have your date soon!  I wish you all the best and am anxious to hear how things go...  Take care... Nancy
Annie B.
on 12/11/07 11:58 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks Nancy... Yes, I had been thinking of going to this...thanks for the reminder.  I'll have to see how I'm feeling this evening...I'm so tired from all the studying I've been doing - thankfully I'm now done until the end of January *whew*.   Yes things have moved along quite nicely for me...it's very encouraging. How are you feeling, Nancy?  Will you be at the support group tonight? ~Annie

nancy6
on 12/12/07 6:17 am - Tacoma, WA

Hi, Annie - Yes I'll be at the support group tonight.  My "angel" that I met on this site is driving me as I probably shouldn't drive until I've had my one week check up...  I'm feeling better every day.  I'm anxious for my one week check up on Friday to get the "official" word on how I'm doing!    Maybe I'll get to meet you this evening - that would be great!  Take care... ~Nancy~

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/13/07 3:31 am - WA

Nancy, It was great fun Tuesday night! Hope to see you in January, taste testing and gift exchange! Bring a friend! Merrilou

nancy6
on 12/13/07 2:33 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Merrilou - It was fun on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to January's get-together.  Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement.  I'm feeling better every day!  Take care... Nancy
Shelley S.
on 12/13/07 9:41 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
I'm so glad to hear you are doing well Nancy!

Most Active