Another Madigan Question (sorry)

Annie B.
on 12/11/07 8:11 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
For those of you who have had surgery at Madigan...(or if you haven't yet and you know the answer)...do we still go through an approval process - I know we would if we were being seen by a civilian - or if I've made it this far and I pass my psych evaluation, I'm in?  Or is there still a chance Tricare will say no?  Does my paperwork get sent to Tricare for reveiw?  Or because it's a military hospital, if they do it, Tricare will cover it?  I didn't even think about this until I was reading about people with Tricare having a hard time getting approval...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 12/11/07 8:21 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Geez, now I'm worried. LOL Anyway I don't think you have to be "approved" the same way at a military hosp. Now I may be wrong but I think once you are done with the pathway you are all set. Meg told me last time I saw her I would meet my surg and get my surgery date then. Does that help? I sure hope I am not wrong
Now weather the surgeon will make you do a liquid diet before surg is something I am wondering about.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Annie B.
on 12/11/07 8:27 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Jillian...I am going to talk to them about the liquid diet...I mean if it makes a laparoscopic surgery easier, then I want to...but I recall them saying that we don't do long liquid diets like some others.  I recall it being like 24-48 hours before surgery. And sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry *hugs*

Shelley S.
on 12/12/07 11:51 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I understand it to be the way Jillian described it.  Meg told me today that when I see her after my psych evaluation, I hand carry paperwork over to the surgery clinic and that is when I make my pre-op appointment with Sebesta.  I had her double check who my surgeon was, and he's who I am supposed to have. Maybe some people had issues with tricare approval because they were using prime remote or whatever it's called or where they choose to use off post doctors instead of the hospital.  I dont know for sure of course, just a guess?

Annie B.
on 12/12/07 3:20 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Shelley, Yeah, that's what I was wondering - and that's how I "thought" it was supposed to be...I just wasn't sure.   How did your meeting with Meg go?  Fran told me about hers

Shelley S.
on 12/12/07 10:24 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Mine went pretty good, she put in my consult for the off post place they use and I have a one on one with Ms Shaw to tweak my diet to take into consideration my diabetes.  I was getting almost totally different info from each clinic so she thought a one on one would benefit me, and I think she's right.  Yeah I feel the same way about how Frans went What time do you usually go to the gym? I'm trying to figure out the best times to go, hubby can go 2 days a week with me, and my 17 year old wants to go in the evenings as well, but I want to know what times to avoid if you know them yet  lol

Annie B.
on 12/12/07 11:49 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I try to go before lunch time (Ideally I would be there around 9am - but that doesn't always happen)  - and it's been fairly good (I go to Jensen Gym for the free childcare).  But they say it's busiest first thing in the morning.  I went yesterday at about 5:30pm, and it was good - not a whole lot of people there...I want to try to get dh to work out with me a couple times a week - but so far that hasn't seemed like something he wants to do.  Oh well, maybe a little more coaxing is all it will take...who knows?  You know...I should really try to talk him into it - he can get out early a couple of days a week for PT...to do his own thing...hmmm...gonna have to talk to him about that... Glad yours went smoother than Fran's...

Shelley S.
on 12/13/07 12:46 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Thanks for the info, I think that's where we will go too, we come in the east gate and it's the one hubby wants to go to as well.  Brandi is out of school and home by 2:30 so she will change and we will stop by post office then head on post, so it might be a bit earlier and maybe there will be others doing evening PT type time, but it's all good as long as they let me on a treadmill at some point  lol.  Our OC girl yesterday told me about something I never knew, if you have Comcast you can go to "on demand" then go to sports, then exercise tv and there are so many workout things to do at home.  They even have a walking program that I assumed was for treadmill owners but it's not, its for those who dont.  But they have all kinds of different ones in that area so I am going to be doing some at home as well. 

jillianD
on 12/13/07 2:23 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Shelly are you talking about walk away the pounds video program? I have those and they are good in a pinch.
As far as the gyms on base go, early in the morn soldiers are doing PT and a lot come in over lunch but between is a good time I used to go there a lot when we lived on base.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 12/13/07 11:35 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I went to the gym today, feeling it now  lol.  I didnt over do it but I did enough to feel it.  I really liked it and my daughter did too, so we are going to go every day, and the time we went it was dead for the most part....was there about 3:30pm.  I got back on track with my eating (food this time of year is my downfall, but I'm not letting it win). Off topic, but checked on triwest and my psych consult is in, so I'm calling in the morning  lol

Most Active