adjustments to lapband

nonicha
on 12/17/07 3:42 am
Thanks Beth. I intend to.  I am glad to hear first hand from someone who has gone to them. This puts my mind at ease. I will call them. I think part of the problem was also that I was not chewing as much as I should and taking bigger bites as well. Now, I am afraid of throwing up so I am eating a lot slower. My question is: how do you get all the nourishments such as eating veggies and fruits when all we can eat is 2 oz?
Jenn S
on 12/23/07 7:00 am - Seattle, WA
Well, you don't. My nutritionist always reminds me that there is no way to get everything I need eating 1000-1200 calories/day...so I take a vitamin, and make protein my main goal (60+/day) and try to sneak in fruit/veggies in low-calorie, easy to eat ways...like: - Cauliflower Mash: It's soft so you can eat a good bit, and it's just cauliflower steamed, put in a food processer with 1/2 cup or so of milk, and maybe a touch of fat (oil, even butter if you're keeping track of your calories and can fit it in). Salt and pepper help - but I can eat a good bit of it this way that I could never eat "whole" - I make applesauce from scratch with fresh apples and water, and then blend it up and add a little cinnamon My nutritionist is in Northgate area of Seattle, let me know if you want her name, but indeed, all bariatric patients struggle with getting proper nutrients with low calories lifestyles. The FDA bases daily allowances on 2000-2500 calories/day... ~jenn
nonicha
on 12/23/07 12:29 pm
Dear Jenn: Thanks for the information. I love veggies so it shouldn't be a problem to mash everything and eat it that way. I've been trying to get my calories in with smoothies and I also take a multivitamin daily, so I am on the right track. I  appreciate the offer for the nutritionist, but I live in Kent. I will try to find someone in the area. It's a great idea. I had not thought about seeing a nutritionist. Thanks for taking the time to answer me back and with so much detail. Have a Happy Holiday!!
Most Active