PAIN !!!!!!

margaret P.
on 12/8/07 5:34 am - ferndale, WA
Hi all Im having a hard time with the soft food diet Im three weeks post op and everything I eat hurts I really think its my gallbladder but Ive told doctor nurse and dietician and they said try mylanta or tums well I did and they dont work the pain is intense pain in my middle abdomen and even makes me vomite the pain is so intense I double over is this normal ? I hope not because I think the surgery was a breeze but this pain is someting else its dampening my spirits because i feel like I have the flu all the time so back to liquids and popscyles there my only comfort If anyone has any suggestions I would be so greatful !!!thanks margie

Margaret

vitalady
on 12/8/07 7:52 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
How does water taste?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

margaret P.
on 12/8/07 9:34 am - ferndale, WA
Water is great but even that seems to bother me ice chips is how im trying to get enough fluid in?                                                            Margie

Margaret

vitalady
on 12/8/07 9:39 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I forgot to ask when did it start?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

margaret P.
on 12/8/07 12:06 pm - ferndale, WA
It started at home the first week post op on purreed food diet.

Margaret

Geminidream
on 12/8/07 12:13 pm - Spokane, WA
Are you still using your post-op pain meds, Margie?  Do they not control your pain?  How about your eating speed and size of bites?  If you aren't already....try using a baby spoon or demitasse spoon so that you don't overload your brand-new pouch with too much volume.  Eat very slowly.   Put your spoon down between bites and maybe do a little reading, writing or something else to occupy your hands inbetween bites.  I knitted scarves when I was freshly post-op.   Keep in close touch with your surgeon's office so that they can monitor you if eating becomes any more difficult. If you have trouble with your liquids and popsicles then you may have a stricture forming and require a dilation to gently stretch it out.   It is a painless procedure and so helpful if you have that condition.  Mine formed early after surgery and required three dilations to get it back to the correct size but I felt so much better after each procedure and then didn't need anymore after the last one.   Hang in there, the early days are the worst! Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
margaret P.
on 12/8/07 12:27 pm - ferndale, WA
Thanks for the info I talked with the doctor he mentioned a stricture but was reluctent to say yet Im suppose to talk on monday with dietian and nurse to see how im doing what about the gallbladder I seem to be in intense pain then later will settle down.  Did your surgeon perscribe actigall for you after surgery seems like some are automatecly doing that my sisters did im with her so she gave me a couple pills and i have to say it relieved the pain alot so i guess im not sure but it sounds to me like gallbladder symptoms not a stricture.   thanks,                                                                                                 Margie

Margaret

Geminidream
on 12/13/07 9:38 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Margie, Sorry I am getting to this so late, it has been a few days since I looked at my e-mail.  No, I never took actigall since I had my gallbladder out with my first wls in '99.  hope you are feeling better, I will have to read further down the thread to see how your appointment turned out.   Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Shelley S.
on 12/9/07 9:44 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Sorry you are in so much pain, I hope you find out what's up and get to feeling better soon.

margaret P.
on 12/10/07 12:44 am - ferndale, WA
Thank you me too !!!!!Margie

Margaret

Most Active