Post Lap-Band Recipes

luloo
on 12/5/07 5:55 am
I recently had the LB surgery (11/19) and am getting ready to go on soft foods next week. Does anyone have any good recipes? Right now, anything sounds good after three weeks of liquids. HA!
podunker
on 12/5/07 8:30 am - Washougal, WA
Try posting on the lap band board they will have lots of ideas for you. There is also a recipe board here at OH that has tons of yummy recipes. Best of luck to you!
luloo
on 12/5/07 8:35 am
Thanks. Funny, I thought I did post there. :)
lorisb
on 12/5/07 12:51 pm - Vancouver, WA
I did a egg salad mash with fat free soy mayo.  Pintos and cheese with fat free sour cream was great, too.  I didn't have too much variety but that seemed to work ok. Here's my approach.  On clear liquids, I did just that.  On liquids, I did what I needed to do but couldn't stand broths so I'd eat the brothy part of, say, chicken noodle soup.  As I moved closer to mushy foods, I'd blend the bits in the soup and gradually not blend as much so they were more chunky by the time I reached mushy foods.  It seemed to work really well and I was able to control the liquids in the food and how much chewing I had to do. I hope this gives you some help. Lori
luloo
on 12/7/07 12:57 am
Thanks Lori.
Cristina130
on 12/6/07 1:22 am - Mukilteo, WA
When i did mushies I did a lot of mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, things like that....but I also had things like chili (made sure things were mashed up first) but it added a nice variety.  Also, made thicker soups.  There are a lot of things you can do. Good luck Cristina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

luloo
on 12/7/07 12:57 am
Thanks Christina, good suggestions.
Cristina130
on 12/7/07 4:16 am - Mukilteo, WA
Sure.  Wish I had more recipies to share with you.  But usually just making the few items I did in their normal quantities lasted me the entire time I was on mushies!  LOL  Let me know if there is anything you find that is good....I would love to try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

evydog
on 12/6/07 2:02 pm
I got a Magic Bullet and my favorite thing was blended turkey chili with a little bit of low fat sour cream and melted low fat shredded cheese. I actually prefer it that way still....lol.... Mashed potatoes blended with chicken and 98% fat free gravy is good too. I also made chicken salad and blended that too.... that was really good.

Highest weight: 299      Weight at Surgery: 285

Geminidream
on 12/8/07 12:22 pm - Spokane, WA
Try the book 'Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery'.  It has a lot of wonderful recipes in it and has serving size calculations for all three major types of wls.  Plenty of variations to cover the soft puree stage as well as advancing your post-op diet.   My favorites during the puree/soft food stage were fat-free ricotta topped with a little marinara sauce and blenderized vegetarian chili.  Also yummy was green pea soup that was blenderized.  Flavourful and not sweet.  You prob. are already sick of sweet things.   Congratulations!  Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Most Active