Any Help? Mexico lapband-need fills in Puget Sound area

BethyRN
on 12/4/07 10:06 am - Seattle, WA
I had my surgery in July 2006 by Dr. Rodriguez in Acuna Mexico.  I still haven't had a fill, and I need to get one.  Over the first year I lost 70 lbs, and had very effective restriction, which is atypical for a bandster.  Now since I got married, I have gained back about 30 lbs of happy weight.  Time to buckle down!  I don't have the restriction that I once had, and of course I'm eating more of the things I used to.  So, if anyone has Dr.'s that will do my fills, please share.  I was just informed by Dr. Chebli at Northwest hospital, who had accepted me as a patient, that his malpractice insurance will no longer let him accept patients who had their surgeries out of the country.  Thanks!  -beth
nancy6
on 12/4/07 12:36 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Beth - There is another post about a gal being abandoned by her surgeon and it talks about fills.  In that "thread" there is a mention of Katie Carmichael, M.D., in Arlington and also an Arlington Fill Center.  I don't know if that info will help you at all, but I wanted to mention it.  You might check the old posts on this board and look for one titled "I was abandoned by my surgeon" or something like that.  I think Arlington may be a bit of a drive for you, but it might be an option.  Congrats on how well you did the first year - especially without a fill!!  I can so relate to the getting married and gaining weight syndrome!  I remarried 4 years ago and have put on 80 pounds of "happy weight"!!!  I wish you all the best and hope you are able to find a dr. to help you out.  Take care.... Nancy
Kaylynne
on 12/5/07 6:58 am - ~, WA
Hi Beth- My clinic does fills for other patients, as does Dr. Oh in Federal Way (not sure about out of country-ers).  My clinic is NW Bariatric and Weight Loss Center.  Dr. Alperovitch is awesome.  Good luck!
Kim

I childproofed my whole house, but they STILL get in!

nonicha
on 12/9/07 11:45 am
HI Beth: I also had my surgery done in another country (Nicaragua) in May of last year and have lost 70 lbs. I was going to Dr. Ross in Tacoma, father and son, who do the adjustments for overseas people. Very reasonable too. Unfortunately, the son has moved to the Tri-Cities and I really like him a lot better than his father. His father has opened a new place in Auburn. His name is Earl Fox.  I also posted something to see if I can find someone near me. The other options they gave me was going to Portland or Canada for the adjustments. There are places that will do them there. I will let you know if I find someone who can do the adjustments for us. We are in the same situation.  Thanks- Nora
BethyRN
on 12/16/07 1:48 pm - Seattle, WA
Update!  Got my first fill on Sat 12/15 a total of 1cc.  I could have gotten 1.5cc, but I was cautious.  Katie Carmichael, ARNP in Arlington, WA did a great job!  360-435-5365  or www.Northwestfills.com
Most Active