My date... not yet...

jillianD
on 12/3/07 5:57 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Any how you all know I was hoping to get my date today, I met the surgeon talked to him for a while and decided he's not the one for me. I didn't feel like he had enough experience doing lap surg for me to be comfortable with him. So I have another appt with Dr.Sebesta on the 28th. He had done a larger amount of surgerys so I hope I like him and that he has a cancellation in his schedule so I can get in sooner. LOL I am just suffering from no date let down... boo hoo... Oh well I am the one who chose to wait for another Dr I could have went with this guy but it just didn't feel right. Have a nice day I am off to my 2nd job!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

podunker
on 12/3/07 11:41 am - Washougal, WA
Good for you to realize this wasn't the doctor for you. Lots of people would have gone ahead just to get it done sooner. You are going to have a long relationship with this person so do be sure you get along with them, you will be a team. Your time will be here sooner than you think. Best of luck!!
Annie B.
on 12/3/07 1:26 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Since you mention Dr. Sebesta, I am assuming you're having it done at Madigan?  May I ask who you saw that you didn't feel that comfortable with?  I'm doing my Pathway classes right now (have my last one on Wednesday). It's a bummer that you have to wait longer to get your date, but it's important you have a surgeon you like and feel comfortable with. ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Shelley S.
on 12/3/07 1:59 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
I agree, you have to do what's best for you, sorry you have to wait to get a date though.  And like Annie, could you share, even in PM if you like, who you didn't choose, if you dont mind that is. 

jillianD
on 12/4/07 12:44 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Annie, Shelly I don't want to post the Dr.s name on the board and accidentally turn someone away from what could be the best dr for them. I think part of the problem was that madigan had me as a band candidate not a Lap RGB and I think that is where this dr.s focus is. I can tell you that he told me that Dr. Sebesta and Rouch(sp) were the best Lap RGB drs if that helps. But they are harder to get to see= longer wait. All I can say is follow your feelings and ask lots of questions, yes this is an ARMY hosp but you don't have to work with a surgeon you aren't comfy with. If you still feel like you want to know PM me and I will let you know that way.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active