MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Carlajean
on 6/8/08 1:23 pm - Seattle, WA
YES!!!!  Im on Medicaid (DSHS) and just had surgery my surgeon is Dr Lauter in Bellvue, LOVE HIM
villsm1
on 3/9/10 12:56 pm
Hello can you please give me specific info on your approval with DSHS and the Doctors.   Did you have a DSHS Open Medical Coupon or did you have Healthy Option w/ Molina?   Also can you give the names and ph #’s of the providers who helped you?   I am finding it very hard with DSHS Medical Coupons and am getting very discouraged! Anything you can do to help would great!   Sincerely,   WLS in Seattle
karen C.
on 5/15/10 12:01 pm - Kennewick, WA
I was self pay with Dr. Lauter in 2005. He was trying so hard to get Medicare approval even back then. He felt strongly about EVERY patient's right to this surgery. I am so happy to hear that he is finally able to offer it to those who can't afford it or do not have insurance. I highly recommend him and his staff. He gave me my life back!

Karen C

ssd1962
on 5/16/10 9:34 am - Issaquah, WA
The magic combination for getting WLS is having a surgeon who accepts Medicare/Medicaid, a hospital who does the same AND is a Center of Excellence. Overlake Medical Center finally got their COE designation at the beginning of this year. They have 3 surgeons working out of their hosptial, all of whom accept Medicare. Medicaid is a special case - best to check out their Bariatric Surgery page and get in touch directly with the coordionator. There are 2 physicians who do GBS out of Virginia Mason for Medicare patients, but only Dr. Hunter does a lap procedure. At St. Francis, only Dr. Aparovich accepts Medicare. Provider lists can be accessed directly via the Medicare website or by calling them directly. They are super nice and easy to talk to.
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/08 4:31 am - kent, WA
Dr Ravi Moonka in Federal Way, same practice as Dr Hunter Takes Medicare for sure, don't know about Medicaid. 
raeanns
on 8/31/08 4:07 am - Tri-Cities, WA
Rockwood Bariactric clinic, Spokane, Washington
1800-776-4048 ext 2607

This clinic works closely with Sacred Heart Hospital together they are.
a center of excellance.  The two Dr's are Rawlings and Bright and have just hired a new fellow which will start taking patients in Sept.

RaeAnn  OH Support Group Leader Tri-Cities, WA meet every 2nd Wednesday each month located 500 Amon Park Dr. Richland, WA 7PM-9PM

karen C.
on 5/15/10 11:49 am - Kennewick, WA
Wow, RaeAnn. . . absolutely amazing results! We really do need to get together one of these days!

Karen C

writerscrawlz
on 5/19/10 3:23 am - Cheney, WA
Dr. Spitz at Sacred Heart also accepts Medicare. (not medicaid, but the hospital does) He works with Dr. Bright mentioned earlier at Rockwood - mine is being done June 2nd - and I'm looking forward to having my life back too.
WANTTOBETHINAGAI
N

on 10/28/08 6:25 am - Port Townsend, WA
Thank you all, i finally got a hold of the University of Washington Medical Center. They are sending me the info on what i need to do , and the letter i need to give to my doctor telling her what all she needs to do. I can't wait i am so excited. I know it's not going to be a walk in the park , but i am 29 and desperate to get my life back. Wish me luck. YAAAAAAY! ME.
nlehn
on 1/22/09 5:17 am - Seattle, WA
The University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle accepts Medicaid and Medicare. To obtain more information, call (206) 598-5879. We have four surgeons, Dr. Patchen Dellinger, Dr. David Flum, and Dr. Brant Oelschlager  perform gastric bypass and lap band, while Dr. Andrew Wright performs lap band only.
Most Active