Support group

kittykatzmom
on 11/29/07 2:30 am - Mason co., WA
Good Morning all, I feel soooo good, I went to my 1st support group meeting last night and it was wonderful, about 22 people from 3+ yrs post-op to others like me waiting and curious if this is the right thing for them. Very informative, very positive, and 1 gal who had her surgery on Halloween, who had the same surgeon I may have met with him on 10/29 got a call on 10/30 for surgery on 10/31, oh to be so lucky, except she didn't feel shes was informed enough and should have waited and she didn't have all her ???? answered before hand, me, I think I would be in seventh heaven if that was me, she has alredy lost 28 lbs. although she said she is still very tired most of the time. Well on Tuesday I meet with the dietician for the 1st time and also start my classes that same day, then my classes will be done by the 19th of Dec. along with the dietician appts. so finally things seem to be moving in the right direction...YEA.....

~Cindy~

Shelley S.
on 11/29/07 5:20 am - Ft Lewis, WA
That's awesome! I loved going to the support group meeting I attended last week here at Madigan.  Fran and I both finish up our classes on the 12 of December and then we will like the psych eval and then hopefully meet with surgeon after that.  I am so ready now, but glad it's a litle bit of a process so one has a chance to fully think about their choices.  You'll be on the losers bence before you know it!

nancy6
on 11/29/07 12:16 pm - Tacoma, WA
It sounds like things really move along at Madigan - that's great!  I can't imagine meeting the surgeon one day, getting a call the next and having surgery the day after that!  I know there are the classes and everything beforehand, but wow!!  Once my insurance approval came in, it took a week to get a date and then my date was a month out!!  But I'm down to the final week now and anxiously awaiting...  Wishing Cindy and Shelley a speedy trip through the classes and red tape - and hopefully we'll be hearing a surgery date for you two soon! ~Nancy~
jillianD
on 11/29/07 5:59 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Sounds like you are both well on you way. Your excitement is catchy. I am doin a little dance for ya!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 11/29/07 7:14 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Aww thanks girl and doing one myself for you, you are right at the door yourself 

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 11/29/07 11:30 pm - WA
Annie I host a support group in the evenings, our next one will be at 6:30 pm in Auburn on December  11TH.  Merrilou (253) 939-8865- PS you can bring the kids
Annie B.
on 11/29/07 2:01 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I went to a support group last week...it was really great!  I just wish I could go to more of them...but they're during dh's work hours and I can't exactly bring my kids (they're 3 & 5). Things are moving right along for me too...I went and saw my PCM October 5th...and I will finish my last Pathway class on December 5th!!  I can't believe how quickly everything is going...I'm glad things are moving along for you as well!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Shelley S.
on 11/29/07 10:37 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Hiya Annie!!! Glad to see you here.  Yes you are going very fast too, that's awesome!!  Sometimes you just have to keep calling back, but it's so worth it.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jill on Monday, yay girl!! And Nancy will be on the losers bench very soon, I have your surgery date on my calendar

Cristina130
on 11/30/07 1:31 am - Mukilteo, WA
So happy for you......getting the support like that before really will help you throughout your journey.  Your time will come when it is right.  Remember...don't compare yourself with others....just with yourself.  :-) Have fun at the dietician and classes!  Cristina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most Active