~Any Happy DSers in Washington?~

XJudyX
on 11/27/07 11:22 pm - WA
Hello Everyone, Are there any happy camper DSers in Washington? I am hoping to have the surgery soon and was wondering how your surgery went, how you are doing, any probs, success or failure. Is anyone wishing they HADN'T had the surgery and why. Thanks for your replies! Judy
nancy6
on 11/28/07 12:06 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Judy - Actually if you check out the profile for AngieJeanette you will see a great success story for a DS'er.  I'm having Lap RNY done 12/6, but have chatted with Angie and she is very excited about her experience with DS and has had great success.  As I recall, her daughter has had DS as well with much success.  I think they had their surgery done in Mexico, but I'm not sure.  To find her profile, go to People Search and put in AngieJeanette in the search for user name and you should find her.  I wish you all the best as you travel along this journey!  This site is great for lots of info and support - and seeing the successes and sometimes problems the WLS brings.  Take care.... ~Nancy~
XJudyX
on 11/28/07 1:08 am - WA
Hi Nancy, Thanks for the welcome! I will check out Angie Jeanette's site and I thank you for the info....
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/07 2:38 am - My home in GOD's country
Hi Nancy, Wow, you are only a few days away from your surgery!  I bet you are just sooooooooo excited!  What a great Christmas Present you are giving to yourself. I hope it will be ALL you want it to be!  I will be praying for you on the 6th.  PM me when you get back from surgery and are feeling up to it ok...I care!  Blessings to ya.  P.S. I had my surgery in BRAZIL with Dr. Marchesini (not Mexico)...I hear that the Mexico experience is also SUPERB!
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/07 2:32 am - My home in GOD's country
Are there any happy camper DSers in Washington?  I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!  Hi Judy, I see you periodically on the DS board, but I am not there much lately...Way too busy with my 24/7 day care. I am 55 and had my surgery a year and a half ago...have lost 134 lbs and feeling BETTER than I have in years. (see my profile for more information) My daughter, Darcy (also on the DS Forum) is my SOLE INSPIRATION for having had the DS surgery.  She had it 10 months prior to my having it and because I was SO impressed with ALL of the aspects of her whole surgery experience and her surgeon (Dr. Marchesini in Brazil), and then her recovery and the progress (run-on sentence, I know..hehe)...I chose to follow in her footsteps and VOILA! Here I am, singin' praises of the DS. Darcy did MASSIVE RESEARCH on ALL wls options "before" delving into the decision to have the DS. Here is her PROFILE ...click it and you can read ALL ABOUT her and ALL of the informational research , as well as pictures (before, after, during her post-op pregnancy) and now). My profile is very minimal...but hers is very extensive and NOT BORING! Here it is-->  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/darcy/   Please feel free to PM me OR HER (she has given me permission to say that) about anything...So glad to meet another fellow Washatonian. By the way...Where is "Ilwaco"?  I am in Yakima. Talk to you again...bye for now.
XJudyX
on 12/1/07 4:37 am - WA
Thanks Angie! So glad for you and your daughter....go figure a kid leading!! I am so looking forward to this surgery....I can't WAIT to feel human again. Ilwaco is a small, fishing village on the southwest corner of the state near Astoria,oregon. I couldn't be any closer to the ocean if I tried! We are expecting a MAJOR storm tomorrow....winds up to 100 mph....MAN is that something! I love Yakima ....it is sooo beautiful there. Don't like the heat tho. Well, thanks again Angie and congratulation on getting your life back! Judy
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/07 5:27 am, edited 12/1/07 5:29 am - My home in GOD's country

Your story in your profile was SAD yet beautiful. The fact that you have allowed the LORD to carry you (as in the poem FOOTPRINTS) is such a wise decision. I made that decision 25 years ago (after looking for HIM for 10 years).  Praise GOD, that HIS patience is greater than mine!

I have been to Astoria once in all the 41 years I have been living here.  I loved the Oregon Coast. My girls (Darcy and her sister, Molly) were young teens and what a great time we had.  I like Yakima, but it is not as pretty as the OTHER side of the mountains...to dry, I think!  But....it is HOME!

YOU SAID---> congratulation on getting your life back! I feel compelled to comment on this...I thank you for the "congrats", but you know what?  I never lost track of my life...FAT or OTHERWISE!  If the truth be told, I was "comfortable" in my 317 lb body. I LOVED ANGIE (regardless of a failed abusive marriage), "I" truly LOVED who GOD made me to be...the MAIN REASON I had the DS was because I had an umbilical hernia and the cost was pretty close to the same to have the DS in Brazil, so I figured, WHAT THE HECK...I'd kill two birds with one stone and get rid of the hernia and NEVER HAVE TO DIET Again!  The bonuses just keep coming! Cured of diabetes (ok, they call it PERMANENT REMISSION), lowered blood pressure, all the aches and pains attributed to obesity are gone...not to mention a better feeling body...and oh yes,  NICER CLOTHES due to the smaller body that DS has provided me...hehe...BUT, I NEVER had to "GET MY LIFE BACK" because I never lost track of it...what I did gain was a LONGER LEASE on life and I can only thank my LORD and SAVIOUR for HIS guidance and the provisions ($) HE made in order for me to have the DS. I hope you have a great DS experience and that your life will be blessed...WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE...AMEN??? Take care during your upcoming storm...We are getting SNOW most every day this past week and expecting more in the few days ahead.  100 mile per hour winds sound pretty much like hurricane conditions????  SCARY...When I was a child, I lived on Guam for three years and experienced MANY typhoons...THOSE were terrible...I cannot imagine what you guys are in for. Will be praying for ya...Bye for now.

Laura H.
on 12/2/07 2:46 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi Judy,  There are a whole bunch of us happy DSers in WA. and we are going to be having a meeting at the Sizzler in Tukwila on Saturday.  If you can make it we would love to meet you and be happy to tell you all about our experiences with the DS.  THe details are in the link in my signature.  Please come if you can!

Laura H.   HW=305, LW=152, GW=160-170, CW=183  
Seattle Area Duodenal Switch Meetup,
http://wls.meetup.com/90/ All are Welcome!

XJudyX
on 12/5/07 12:36 am - WA
Hi Laura, I WISH I could come....I really do! But, I can't and thank you for the invite. I hope I can come sometime in the future. I'm very excited to meet others who have been there before me and also those who are like me and haven't. Have fun and let us know (with pics please!) how it went! Judy
Most Active