Update on Me!

mikeesgirl
on 11/27/07 7:51 am - Fairchild AFB, WA
I just thought I would let my fellow WA peeps know how I am doing. I had surgery on Nov. 16th and everything went so smoothly. Dr. Rawlins said that my anatomy was extremely easy to work with whatever that means. I was up and had my catheter out within 6 hours of surgery and walking the floors. The nurse was kind of freaking out because she said she had never had a gastric bypass patient start recovering so quick. I just laughed and was like well I have had enough surgeries in my short life to know what to expect what gives me the best results healing wise. I wanted to go home the following day but they wouldn't let me so oh well, I went home early Sunday morning. I have been doing really good and feel pretty normal except I tire easily but that is ok. The hardest part for me is at night when I am bored I feel like I want to eat something so I am trying to find a new hobby for the time being. I have been in VERY minimal pain and only took my meds at night but now I am completely off of them. I am really glad and thankful I was able to have this surgery because as of last week I am already down 11lbs since surgery and 6 lbs the week before surgery so 17lb total. Maybe more now but I don't own a scale so I don't weigh that often. I look forward to seeing you Spokane folks at our next meeting!!!
Shelley S.
on 11/27/07 8:16 am - Ft Lewis, WA

So glad to hear how awesome you are doing! It sure gives us who are about to go through it ourselves a lot of inspiration.  Congrats on your weight loss already, you are well on your way!

nancy6
on 11/27/07 2:40 pm - Tacoma, WA
Sounds like you are doing great!!  As one who is waiting for surgery (next week) it is so nice to see these successes!  I definitely agree with needing to get a hobby - I've had the same thoughts...  Keep up the great work!! ~Nancy~
jillianD
on 11/28/07 12:48 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
WOW good for you I can only hope mine goes as well. I've never had surgery before so I'm a little scared LOL any ways congrats and keep us posted on how you are doing.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

kittykatzmom
on 11/28/07 2:02 am - Mason co., WA
WTG, Glad to hear everything has gone so smoothly for you. Like the others I too and pro-op, all these success stories, jsut make me eager with anticipation. keep up the great work .

~Cindy~

giver44
on 11/28/07 5:15 am - Post Falls, ID
Good for you!!! I am so proud of you.  Isn't Dr. Rawlins great?   It sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up and keep in touch.  Alice
lorisb
on 11/28/07 11:13 am - Vancouver, WA
Wishing you a wonderful new life!  Sounds like you're doing pretty darn good to me! Lori
Most Active