Madigan Hospital wait time?

Shelley S.
on 11/27/07 9:45 am - Ft Lewis, WA
For me, I need the rny for the fact that I like to eat and needed the most restricted way.  I also love sweets and am hoping I wont be able to tolerate them after the surgery, so for me the rny tool was an easy choice for me to make.  You get information about both surgeries throughout the classes, for now anyway.  In the future they may have seperate classes but can't say for sure on that. If you like, if you check my profile, I have a link to my blog I keep and that's where I write a lot about my appointments as well as just feelings at the time, and plan on keeping up with it because my family live all over the us and they wanted a way for them to be able to see where I'm at. This board as well as the rny board (and lap band board if that is something she's thinking about) and the site in general is such a wealth of information, support and inspiration.  I am so glad I found this, and so early in my journey too.  Good luck to your daughter, tell her to keep calling back because trust me when I say, people cancel for different reasons and you can get in sooner if that happens.  After making my 'grr" thread I was able to get an appointment for my weight loss management classes for tomorrow and the 5th of Dec instead of the January dates I was able to get.  I called today to confirm my January dates and asked her to check and see if anyone had cancelled and sure enough, someone had. If you have any questions you would like to ask off board, feel free to message me.

Kayla M.
on 11/27/07 10:09 am
Thanks for all the responses everyone!  You rock! When did the military decide to cover lapband?!  When I started this, I was told that is wasn't covered!
"Did you see that table full of meals?  I mean men!"
~Pat at KC and the Sunshine Band    
Annie B.
on 11/29/07 2:17 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey there! I am in process here...my husband is at McChord AFB, and I will be having surgery thru Madigan.  I saw my PCM for a referral on October 5th. The soonest appt I could get with a surgeon was November 2nd...that was my longest wait.  Next it was waiting to get into the beginning Pathway class...that was November 19th. One thing to do - remember to do - is call back to see if appointments open up!  With the beginning Pathway class, all I had to do was call the number given to me by the surgeon and schedule it with her directly.  Also ask her to put you on a wait list in case an earlier class opens.  I was ORIGINALLY scheduled for January 7th.  But she had me on her waiting list for Nov 19th.  A few days after scheduling it, she called me and told me they decided to have a class on December 17th.  I said yes to that, but asked to still be on the waitlist for November's class.  A few days before the class, she had a cancellation and I got in! Things seemed to SPEED along from there...I called Tricare that afternoon and got into the next day's class.  I was originally scheduled for January for the Adult Weight Management classes (there are two of these).  I was bummed that I was going to have to wait so long, but November and December's Classes were completely booked.  So I kept calling Tricare.  Finally the DAY before, there was an opening!  So I got it!  I will have all my classes done December 5th!!  And I'll be waiting for the psych evaluation. One thing to consider, if there are classes you cannot get into...you can always ask them if you can come early and wait to see if someone doesn't show up to it that you can have their spot.  Tell them you know if everyone shows up that you'll have to leave.  I was planning to do that with the Adult Weight Management class.  A friend of mine was going to as well.  Since I got into the class, I didn't have to.  And the gal at the Nutrition clinic didn't have a problem with her doing that.  Well at the last minute she decided she didn't want to go and wait.  Well within five minutes, for various reasons, three people left!  She could have been in it! So there's what I've experienced so far...and my advice. Good luck!  And maybe I'll see you around! ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active