Thanksgiving

cfidecaro
on 11/26/07 12:18 am - Snohomish, WA
Hi to all.. I was wondering how everyone did through the Thanksgiving Holiday? I cooked for my family. I was worried that I would be tempted by my old food friends...I am happy to report that not only was I not tempted, but managed to lose 2 pound over the 4 day hoilday!!! I even spent all day Saturday baking cookies...must have made 30 dozen cookies, 6 pounds of fudge and my favorite rice crispy treates and not even a taste. A little about me...I started my process at 309.7..had surgery on 8/1/07 and am currently at 220.6, my long term goal is 145, but my short term goal is 200 by 1/1/08...I my fall a bit short on that one, but as long as I get close, I will be pleased.
Shelley S.
on 11/26/07 1:55 am - Ft Lewis, WA
That's really awesome! I'm afraid I blew it, haven't had surgery yet but I was doing well just eating like I would well after surgery.  But on Friday I went right back to eating better like I was before Thursday and thankfully haven't gained anything.  For christmas though, we are just going to stay home so it will be easier to cook just for us, thankfully my family is very supportive in how I need to eat.

kittykatzmom
on 11/26/07 2:48 am - Mason co., WA
WTG Collette,   My Thanksgiving was nice had several family and friends over, didn't eat much, and got sick.... almost thought I was dumpig had all the same effects kinda strange don't ever want to do that again..

~Cindy~

nancy6
on 11/26/07 1:11 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hey, Collette - You did great!!!  I can't believe you baked cookies, made fudget and rice krispy treats and didn't even taste them - you should be very proud!  That's one of the things I've been worried about after surgery...  So it's great to hear of your success!  By the way, how was the Garth concert at the theater?  I'm sure it was great!!  Take care and keep in touch. ~Nancy~
rocknrobin
on 11/26/07 10:01 pm - Vancouver, WA
Wow, great job! Your weight loss is amazing! Your must have had RNY. I had lap band surgery in July and am down about 55 lbs. now. Thanksgiving went really well. I cooked and did eat, but small portions. I did have 2 pieces of pie throughout the day - but I really thought before I ate, which is a new concept for me. I was down two pounds this week, but that was after being at a plateau for 3 weeks prior. Baby steps! I decided not to bake this year, or if I do it won't be much. I instead am going to make those cookie in a jar gifts and give them away. I have done that before and they look so cool when you layer everything in them. Happy Holidays! Robin
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
Most Active