Hair Lose

teolomeba35
on 11/25/07 4:21 pm - Oak Harbor , WA
I had my surgery on May and I have loss a lot of my hair. Did somebody know what can I use? or went is going to stop?
nancy6
on 11/25/07 11:56 pm - Tacoma, WA
I can't speak from experience as I haven't had surgery yet, but regarding hair loss, I've heard that if you keep you protein and water intake up that will help.  My surgeon recommends getting at least 90 grams of protein through the protein shakes after surgery.  I know different docs say different things, but I don't think it could hurt to up your protein intake.  Good luck! ~Nancy~
vitalady
on 11/26/07 2:58 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
May is 6 months, so have you been losing for about 2 months? If so, you're done losing, as long as your protein intake is beyond excellent and you're taking a full regimen of vites.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

slugworth
on 11/26/07 1:38 pm - Stanwood, WA
A lot of people take zinc sulfate supplements for hair loss after WLS. It is a normal reaction to the surgery. Most people get it back after about 1 year. I am a man and I lost a lot of hair when I lost 100 pounds after having the lap band. Unfortuntaly for me it has not grown back. I just had a revision to the Mini Gastric Bypass. I am hoping I do not lose more. It may have just been my time to get bald though since I am now middle aged. Do some research about zinc and hair loss. Take care Van
teolomeba35
on 11/26/07 3:55 pm - Oak Harbor , WA
Thanks for your answer I really appreciate
teolomeba35
on 11/26/07 3:57 pm - Oak Harbor , WA

Yes I think I start losing my hear since September. Thanks for your quick response

Suzanne_G
on 11/29/07 8:10 am - Spokane Valley, WA
ps.. I had my surgery May 7..  it was falling out by the handful at 2 months.  Lost it from 2 months to 6.5 months.  lost 2/3 of my hair.
Suzanne_G
on 11/29/07 8:08 am - Spokane Valley, WA
I had my surgery May 7..and just this last week, it stopped falling out by the handful (i'd say normal hair loss now)  too just about 6.5 months for me.   Most say somewhere in hte 6th month..boom, it just stops. I have new fuzz (which started while the other stuff was falling out) popping out around the bangs. Funny they tell you "  and you will have moderate hair loss"  .. That doesnt give you a clue how you'll feel when its you! lol Good luck.  It'll end soon :) Suzanne
Most Active