Grr Madigan

Shelley S.
on 11/20/07 2:12 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Ok, I'm not mad at Madigan or anything, but after having the pathway class yesterday Meg was so awesome and got our referrals in not long after the class, so we were able to make appointments before they closed the appointment line last night.  So, I got lucky and get to do the RGB nutrition class today, then going to stay for the support group meeting, and that knocks out 2 of the 5 signatures I need before the mental wellness appointment can be made.  I have the occupational therapy clinic on the 12th of December, yet again, pretty quick.  BUT, trying to get into the weight management 1 and 2 are impossible!  Nothing through the end of December at this point, although they put in a note to that clinic to say many of us are trying to get appointments and they may let them overbook or open other days or something.  Just a road block of sorts and eventually I will get into those classes, just needed to vent/whine for a minute.  Been waiting almost 5 years, whats a little longer right?

kittykatzmom
on 11/20/07 3:00 am - Mason co., WA
Hi,  There are classes at Brem.  the 1st class is dec 4 and the 2nd one is Dec 11.  those are the 2 I'm taking, They are at the hospital, if you  live at Ft. Lewis its probably about and hour from you.   just an option for you.

~Cindy~

nancy6
on 11/20/07 12:15 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Shelley - I was just thinking about you and going to send you a note when I saw your post...  Sounds like your appt. yesterday went well, but you are having a little frustration.  Hang in there!!  Maybe Cindy's suggestion of getting into the classes in Bremerton would work for you.  Before you know it, you'll have gotten over those hurdles and will have your surgery date!  Keep in touch and have a very Happy Thanksgiving! ~Nancy~
Shelley S.
on 11/20/07 10:25 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Hey there, was just thinking about you! I found out at the RGB nutrition class yesterday that the January schedule will be out any day and will be able to get into those, so that made me happy.  Went to the support group meeting after the class and it was awesome as well.  I learned a lot yesterday from the class, and then from those who have been through it already.  Everyone seemed very happy with the staff and hosptial during their surgery and with their aftercare, so that was very encouraging to hear. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Nancy, you will be on that losers bench before you know it!

Lillipads
on 11/23/07 11:02 am
Hi Shelley, I just finished my Pathway class on the 14th and am now waiting for my refferal for my psych consult.  Things have gone quite fast for me so far, it's almost hard to believe.  After you take your adult weight 1 class you are automatically enrolled in the next week's class so hopefully it will go quickly for you and it won't seem like such a long way off.  It's a wonderful feeling to know you are done with the classes.  I went in to see Meg a week ago and give her my paper and get my refferal in and she told me to make sure I told everyone I could that they need an appointment to turn in their paper.  She was not to happy with me since I didn't have an appt with her.  You'll like the Occ Therapy class.  Dan is a hottie.  Looks like we have the same surgeon!  How funny!  Good luck to you!   Lilly
Shelley S.
on 11/23/07 11:12 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Lilly, It all does seem to be going quite fast, I got my weight management 1 and 2 for January 2nd and 9th, so all set up to then.  Meg made sure and told us a few times to make an appointment to see her because she's moving over to the old hospital and is back and forth a lot and she wants to make sure everyone gets in to see her.  In the meantime I have a sleep test coming up off post, it wasnt required for the surgery, my PCM wants me to get tested for sleep apnea so I have the office consult on Monday then the doc will tell me when to come and go and try to sleep.  I also have a life's class for living with diabetes on the 30th, so while the appointments are kind of spread out, I have some stuff I am doing in the meantime. Thanks for the information and keep us updated on how your referral goes for the psych consult and then your preop appointments.  I love hearing updates from everyone and especially from the same hospital.

Annie B.
on 11/29/07 2:26 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Lilly, I agree...Dan is a hottie!  I actually think that was one of the most informative classes. Let us know how the psych eval goes... ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active