Need a walking partner

gaydria
on 11/16/07 11:40 pm - Tacoma, WA
 I live in Tacoma Washington on 84th and Tacoma ave....I am looking for a walking partner, I hate walking alone, to me it is boring and I look pretty silly talking to myself while I walk..LOL...just kidding, anyway, I was thinking for safety and warmth the Tacoma Mall would be a good place to wear in a track, My name is Gaydria, I am 52, I had my proximal bypass on may 23rd at st. francis, doc, shrikanth...I am free in the mornings after I get the grandkids off to school by 8 a.m. until 11 a.m....So if anyone lives near me would like to do that just let me know and email me...I cant make the support groups, but I do come to this group and also one on delphi forums...for support, but its always nice to have a buddy.....   Well Thank you Gaydria
cheryl D.
on 11/18/07 4:54 pm - bellingham, WA
Wish I lived closer, but cannot see comeing clear from Bellingham. Other wise we would be great together.  Grandma with grandchild living with her. Same Dr. ect.
gaydria
on 11/19/07 1:59 am - Tacoma, WA
Well darn, thanks for the thought, but Bellingham is a bit too far to drive plus the price of gas is going up....Oh well maybe someone will come along who lives in Tacoma, I know there are a lot here, maybe they just haven't found this forum....I think when I go to my appt. I will give this url to Terry and see if she will tell people about it...   I have 3 of my 9 grandchildren living with me, 2 5 yr olds an 1 9 yr old...My 2nd daughter who has 1 5 and the 9 works nights, and sleeps days..so I am practically raising them. So I can't go far for long either...    So how you doing? and what kind of surgery did you get? If you don't mind me asking....and of course how long ago.....   I had a proximal bypass on May 23rd, the weight is coming off slow which they said is good from 250 to 165.5 as of 5 days ago....so far so good though I have trouble sometimes eating things, heavy foods just don't work, yet, though I guess I am doing fair, I can eat chicken (white meat only) fish, but mostly jello, pudding, string cheese, and sunflower seeds, seem to go down good, I am doing good with just getting that down after the 4 or 5 protein/whey shakes I have to drink everyday, its almost a chore getting anything else in....    I have to call today to make appt's for more tests to make  sure everything is ok, before they decide what to do about it, if anything....   Otherwise I have like way more energy than I did, though I still go thru fazes of no energy, and if i don't eat on time, I get low blood sugar...    very interesting way of life...isn't it?...lOL...ok...Well Thanks for thinking of me...but I wouldn't expect someone to go far out of their way just to walk...But if you ever happen to be in Tacoma let me know and maybe we can meet at the mall for lunch or something.....   Hugs Gaydria
Cristina130
on 11/24/07 4:34 am - Mukilteo, WA
Oh darn.....I was looking forward to a possible walking partner, but I am too far away.  I'm in Mukilteo up by Everett/Lynnwood/Edmonds area.  Good luck on finding someone. Cristina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gaydria
on 11/24/07 7:47 am - Tacoma, WA
  Well darn I am batting about 100 on finding anyone...LOL...I know there have to be others somewhere in Tacoma, that have had this surgery and need to walk also...Well I guess if I have to I will go over to the Mall myself, absolutely NO FUN....I am going to look crazy carrying on a converse with myself, with no one to talk too...LOL...I wish you all lived closer too or I did...    But Thanks for the Thought and Wish ....probably would have been fun....too...Yes Mukilteo is too far also...I think its even further away than Bellingham...   Well Thanks anyway....Hugs and have a good evening.....Gaydria
Annie B.
on 11/30/07 1:59 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hi Gaydria! I live in Tacoma (well McChord), but I'd love to have someone to walk with.  I had a friend I was going to go work out with, but she hasn't called me back...so not sure what's going on with her.  I will have two little boys in a jogging stroller with me...if you don't mind...I'd love to walk with you sometime! ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

gaydria
on 11/30/07 6:23 pm - Tacoma, WA
   Hi Annie:    That would be great...I don't mind, If you don't...LOL...Thinking of someplace warm and safe I was thinking the Tacoma Mall...What do you think? Unless you have a better idea?....I don't think McChord is that far from me...I live on Pacific and 84th...I am right on the border of Tacoma/Parkland....      I still have to stop every once in awhile and sit down but not like I used to and I can go a lot further than I did before surgery...     During the Week (school time)...I take my grandkids to school at 8:20 and pick one up at 11:30 then take another one at 12;30, then pick up the two around 3...the oldest stays after school program on Tues. and Thurs. till 5:30...  So during the week if we can work around that some how...If not...then I will only be able to walk on the weekends...  Well unless my daughter gets Thursdays and Fridays off...Well we will figure out something....lOL...On nice days the park on 72nd has a nice sidwalk that goes around the lake......   When are you at your most energetic?...I am at my best in the mornings....oh probably around 9 a.m. to 12...after that I start to flag...lOL...   I have the 3 grandkids...that love to walk around the park...don't know if I would want to take them in the mall though....You probably know kids..."I want" every two seconds...    Well If we can figure out times and place or places...Let me know what you think...       I have msn and yahoo messenger.... on yahoo its totalyclipse on msn its gaydria at hotmail...    Thank you I do so look forward to getting some exercise...    Hugs Gaydria
Annie B.
on 12/1/07 9:35 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Sounds good to me!  I have to clean out my van and make room for the stroller (all my scrapbook stuff is in there)...I added you to my yahoo messenger (bananneesplit727).  Tacoma mall sounds good to me...and around 9am seems like a good time to me...I just have to get myself moving...the boys always have me up by 8 at the latest.  I've got stuff going on Monday, so wanna start on Tuesday?  Tacoma Mall sounds great too...warm and safe is good...tell me where we should meet and at what time time (close to 9am is good) and I'll be there!  Looking forward to it...oh, and I'm not sure how long I can go - I have a lot of foot pain sometimes...so I'll just do the best I can and I'll try to keep up with you LOL. ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

gaydria
on 12/1/07 11:46 am - Tacoma, WA
  Ok I sent you an email to banannesplit (sp?)...I was looking at it when I put it in the email...my memory is just too short sometimes...LOL...also a kind of self drawn psp map..jpeg...LOL..as to where we can meet in the Mall...and my cell #...Looking forward to...a few min out..    Let me know if anything changes...Hugs gaydria
Most Active