Been Abandoned by my surgeon!

mommyslittlemonster
on 11/15/07 12:40 am - Stanwood, WA
Alright here's the deal... 2 days ago I got an invitation to Dr. Oh's holiday party. Yesterday I got a letter signed by Dr. Oh from St. Francis completely discharging me for lack of payment! I am a cash payer and I pre-paid for everything before surgery. I thought I was told that the first post-op appt. was part of the cost but it wasn't. I didn't come to my first appt. with any money so I couldn't pay. I moved shortly after and completely forgot about this bill. I got a call from a collections agency last week and we set up a payment plan because I'm not trying to be in default with these people. And then yesterday, on my 1 year surgery anniversary, I get discharged from their care. Now I have to find someone else to do my fills. I am so scared I won't be able to find someone that is willing to give me fills if they didnt give me surgery. Any suggestions?
110 pounds down and still going!

Lori123
on 11/15/07 4:40 am
I had surgery with Dr Oh and will say no more but ther eis a fill center in  Arlington  if I can find the info I will let you know because I emailed them and they said if I want they will do my fills. It is a drive for me cause I live in Des Moines but I am still coonsidering it. I was also a self pay
mommyslittlemonster
on 11/15/07 10:04 am - Stanwood, WA
Wow, that's awesome. That's like 15 minutes from my house. I would love more info.

slugworth
on 11/21/07 5:10 pm - Stanwood, WA
I have heard of that place. I think it is Washington Fill Center or Fill Center USA or something. It is right next to the Arlington Pharmacy I think.
mommyslittlemonster
on 11/22/07 6:00 am - Stanwood, WA
that's awesome, I'm going to have to check that place out. thanks!

carlyngail
on 11/18/07 10:25 am - Moses Lake, WA
Sorry for the ignorance but what is a fill?

mommyslittlemonster
on 11/22/07 6:01 am - Stanwood, WA
the fill for the lap-band for more restriction. when they inject saline into the port that's connected to the lap band and it tightens the band.

slugworth
on 11/21/07 5:12 pm - Stanwood, WA
Sounds like the typical crappy medical  billing department. They should have warned you before taking you to collections.
clarue
on 12/4/07 7:20 am - WA
Hi there.. I just found Dr. Katie Carmichael in Arlington. Many other lap band patients use her office. her number is 360.435.5365. I just scheduled for next week. A woman named Robin answered all my questions.. the first fill is 150 and if you need more added within ten days it is only 50 dollars. any taken out if you need it, is  free! after the ten days each fill is 125. They said they don't use fluro, but don't believe it is necessary or wise to expose you to radiation if not necessary...I don' t know about that, but am willing to give them a try. I have my first appointment a week from Friday. They seem nice enough...and are closer than the other place in Olympia.... hope this helps Chris
mommyslittlemonster
on 12/4/07 7:49 am - Stanwood, WA
Wow you were going all the way to Olympia?! Not sure I could've done that! Thanks so much for your helpful info. I think it must be the Arlington Fill Center.  I will definitely be checking them out as soon as I can afford it! It's $75 cheaper per fill than my surgeon charges. I've never had fluro before so this doesn't bother me. It's super easy to find my port anyway. Thanks again!

Most Active