Nasty offensive body odor

shoefreak
on 11/11/07 8:32 am
Hi, I had a distal bypass 9 years ago this month. I lost like 175 lbs in ONE year. About 5 years after surgery I started getting this offensive odor especially from my mouth. Everybody would comment on it & it was very embarrassing to say the least. They said it smelled like broccoli breath. After several attempts with various mouth odor remedies, nothing has seemed to help. I will say however, after my bypass, my marriage fell apart & I drank my share of wine & the problem started around then. I have not, however, had a drink for 2 years & the odor has come back again. I wonder how much diet has to do with this. I know that tomatoes & sausage is not my friend when it comes to these odors. I'm afraid to use a charcoal product to absorb because it will absorb more than my body can stand to lose. I have been very bad about taking my vitamins & protein supplements because of sheer laziness (stupidity) I am not a pill taker. My labs were just done & Dr. Fox hasn't found anything alarming so I'm assuming (hate that word) I'm ok. Has anyone else who is years down the road post op had this problem? It's not flatulence - That's ANOTHER story.....God knows I have my more than my fair share of that!!!  Has anyone used the disposable charcoal panty liners for flatulence? I just saw them online today for the first time. Sounds like a great idea to me.
PinkFlamingoes
on 11/11/07 8:49 am - Buckley, WA
If you aren't taking all of your vitamins , you're playing Russian Roulette with your health . Some things don't show up until you're really ill . Being Distal , you're more likely to malabsorb than most . Which is all the more reason to be vigilent . The odor could be what you're eating , dental , sinus , etc...or many things . You really should have a physical & tell your doctor about your concerns . Kathy

Most Active