new Tattoo or wait???????

kittykatzmom
on 11/10/07 9:36 am - Mason co., WA
I really want to get a new tattoo of a guardian angel on my left shoulder before surgery, as I want all the luck I can get. A dear friend of mine said I should probably wait because I don't know how much my skin would change there. Should I wait til after of is it ok to get it know?

~Cindy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/11/07 8:40 am - Buckley, WA
I would wait . I was going to get a tatoo for my 100 pound loss reward . I haven't gotten it because I have so much saggy skin . I am sagging in areas I didn't think were big . You don't know how your body will change . Loose skin could really distort a tatoo . Kathy

gaydria
on 11/15/07 2:09 pm - Tacoma, WA
  Oh a new tat...It is soo hard to be patient and wait, but well worth the wait for a new one...I got lucky with the ones I already had, thank my lucky stars...LOL...My skin seems to be more pliant than I thought it would be,LOL, don't know if pliant is the right word....so the wrinkles aren't too bad, I think the worst are on my face I look like way older than 52..and under my arms, and my tummy,.but my tats look just fine...I had my surgery on may the 23rd 07, and tomorrow I get to go get the tat I have been waiting on...my artist says he doesn't think I will have a problem as I only have about what ...I am terrible at math...LOL...30-50 more pounds to go to my goal?...135 from 165?...Anyway...I would definitly hold off for now wait until you get close in the meantime tat search for the perfect angel...   Hugs Gaydria
kittykatzmom
on 11/16/07 6:29 am - Mason co., WA
gaydria
on 11/17/07 4:26 am - Tacoma, WA
  The ones you already have on your shoulder, ankle and calf should be ok, I asked my tat guy and he said the ones that lose shape with weight loss bad are the ones on the lower back , and belly where we tend to have the most weight on...the one on my arm looks just fine and I went ahead and had it colored in just yesterday...Looks good....the one on my thigh looks good as ever if not better, LOL...but I am waiting to do the one on my lower bac****il I hit goal weight... I think too it depends on or skin, my skin seems to be fairly elastic still even though I am 52, it seems to be bouncing back and tightening up real good though my tummy may be a bit of a problem, its not too bad, lots of stretch marks....and still a bit flabby, but I am doing the same thing I did when I was pregnant, I got a bottle of virgin olive oil, I warm it up and every night I and massage it in on my tummy and other areas at bedtime, it seems to help with the stretch marks, I know I had less than my daughter did, she didn't use the olive oil, and hers a like way worse than ...Mine...lOL...   its hard to be patient when we want that new tat, and have to wait...When I hit my goal wait i am getting a new sleeve, japanese coi, swimming upstream and turns into a dragon , supposed to be good luck...I can hardly wait, it will be almost like christmas...LOL...   What kind are you looking to get?....Hugs Gaydria
kittykatzmom
on 11/17/07 10:45 am - Mason co., WA
Lets try this again, I deleted it the first time...... I really want a guardian angel on my left shoulder before surgery. My oldest daughter will be home for X-mas and wants to get one with me. I'm glad to know that yours still look great after you had surgery that gives me confidence to go ahead and do it before instead of waiting. As for stretch marks,   I have LOTS of them, I didnt use any oils and now wish I had....oh well..... I hope you get the full sleeve they are gorgeous, just not for me.  good luck with it.  it will be a long process.  

~Cindy~

RiahG
on 1/8/08 12:23 pm - WA
If I were you, I would wait.  I have 2 - one on my upper right back/shoulder area, and one lower back one.  I think they are going to do fine because I don't usually gain/lose too much in those areas.  I am planning on getting one when I am all done though.   I know that I am going to need a tummy tuck when I am done... my stomach didn't survive my two pregnancies very well.  After my weight loss/plastics are done, I plan on getting something for myself on my hip area.  I have always liked that but didn't want to do it because of weight gain.  That will be the extra motivator to keep it off! Good luck to you!

Love, Riah

Most Active