I'm New--hello from Vancouver

AuntStacey
on 11/9/07 1:41 am - Vancouver, WA
Hello, I am really excited that  I have found this site. My surgery is scheduled 11-29 (My Birthday) and I am having it done in Mexico...I am so ready to change my life. Any advice.... Stacey
Shelley S.
on 11/9/07 4:50 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there, I'm fairly new to this board as well, but this whole site is a wonderful place to get a lot of information.  Congrats on your surgery date, I can imagine you are very excited.  I can't wait to type those words myself, and hopefully soon.

rocknrobin
on 11/9/07 10:16 am - Vancouver, WA
Hey neighbor! Good luck on your surgery. It has been a wonderful decision for me. Just follow your docs recommendations on everything. Come to this site for info and support. Maybe we should start a Vancouver-area lap band support group. I have not attended any of the support group meetings at SWMC yet. Take care, Robin
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
podunker
on 11/11/07 11:48 am - Washougal, WA
You should go ahead and try the ones at SWMC. I've gone several times and really enjoyed it. They share great information and are very supportive.
AuntStacey
on 11/9/07 11:04 am - Vancouver, WA
Thank you ladies for the good thoughts. I will definately stay in touch and let you know how it all goes. I am very anxious and excited. Stacey
lizzybear
on 11/10/07 1:04 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi Stacey!  Congrats on the surgery date.  What a birthday present to yourself - a start on a new, healthy life!!  Check out the Main Forum for lots of info.  Also - there are forums based on your surgery type that people who have had that type of surgery post on.  I had RNY two weeks ago and read lots of good info on the RNY board.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

lorisb
on 11/10/07 1:49 pm - Vancouver, WA
Stacey, do you have a fill doctor arranged for up here?  I understand a lot of people have trouble finding someone to do their fills (Legacy and OHSU won't do fills on MX banded patients -- I'm sure there are a few exceptions but they claim they don't). Other than that I've been banded for 2 years and love it.  I also am one of the few (apparently, lol) who can claim that I was actually BORN in Vancouver and am still here (with a few stints in stinky PDX and a year in New Mexico for college). Welcome and I hope to see you around at one of our get-togethers! Lori Oh, wait, you asked for advice.  Check out the lap band forum here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/boa rd_id,5359/ and enjoy the ride!  If you have any questions, just ask away!
AuntStacey
on 11/11/07 1:00 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi Lori,  Do you have Fill Dr. in this area?   I was born here in Vancouver as well and still here...  Have you had any complications in the two years? Stacey
lorisb
on 11/12/07 1:44 pm - Vancouver, WA
No complications.  I've been a very slow loser (but, hey, I didn't want to lose 100 pounds overnight).  The fill doctor answer is on your other post.
Most Active