Finding a surgeon

kittykatzmom
on 11/7/07 10:15 am - Mason co., WA
Does anyone have a recommendation for a surgeon in the Olympia are? My PCM put in a referral todat...YEA.... but I can not find a surgeon in my area that does the RNY. the 2 Surgeons here only do the lapband.   I found 1 that I really like his qualifications but he is in Seattle thats a long.....drive about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs away.    ~ Cindy ~
Shelley S.
on 11/7/07 11:06 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Cindy, just looking on this site, I found one that's in Tacoma...here is a link of the list I found.  There may be others who aren't listed on here, but you might give the one in Tacoma a call and if they can't, they may be able to help you find another one. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeons+ in+washington+performing+RNY.html

nancy6
on 11/7/07 11:21 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Cindy - I'm going to have the lap RNY surgery with Dr. Oh on November 27.  He's located in Federal Way, but that wouldn't be too bad for you.  It's not far off the freeway in the southern part of Federal Way.  He has an excellent reputation.  You can check out www.fhshealth.org and get information on him as well as another surgeon in Federal Way.  They do their surgeries at St. Francis Hospital which is quite close to Wild Waves/Enchanted Village (to give you some idea where they are). There is a woman on this site from Olympia who just had lap RNY surgery with Dr. Oh last week - she was home just 26 hours after surgery and is doing great!!  I think the direct link to Dr. Oh's site is www.ohtobethin.com  Check it out!  They offer on-line orientations as well as in person ones.  I think Dr. Oh does an orientation every Monday evening in Federal Way.  You can call his office and get more info.  Or feel free to send me a private message and we can chat.  Good luck in your search! Nancy
Most Active