YEA...I GOT IT....

kittykatzmom
on 11/7/07 5:09 am - Mason co., WA
Yea!!!!! I went and seen my PCM today and he is putting in a referral for me to have wls.   I'am SOooooooo excited. At first he tried to talk me out of it,but between me and my DH we convienced it it is something I really want and need, despite the risks. If I don't hear from Tricare within 10 days I czn call them to see who they are referring me too.  I'm in the the Mason Co. area, any recommendations on a great surgeon????? ~Cindy~
Shelley S.
on 11/7/07 6:19 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I'm sorry he tried to talk you out of it, but YAY on you getting the referral!  Are you signed up on the Triwest website? If not, you can do that and see your referrals there quicker than knowing it in the mail.  I dont have any suggestions about surgeons, but am very happy for you on getting over the first hurdle

lizzybear
on 11/8/07 5:36 am, edited 11/8/07 5:37 am - Olympia, WA
Yeah, congrats of getting the referral!  Does your insurance company have a list of surgeons they pay for or recommend?   I have Uniform Medical Plan and they had a list of the only three surgeons they would pay for based on their research prior to covering the procedure and two Centers of Excellence (Virginia Mason Hospital or the University of Washington) that they had pre-approved.  My sister and I researched the three and they all had excellent references and track records.  I just happened to pick Dr. Hunter because during our research, we discovered that he had done a radio talk show about the surgery so I found it online and I listened to and his voice really calmed me and he was so knowledgeable and during the radio show he answered almost all the questions I had already written down for my pre-surgery interview I had scheduled with him. If your insurance company has options, research them first.  If not, I hope you get some good suggestions here.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active