3 Month Check up

cfidecaro
on 11/6/07 8:55 am - Snohomish, WA
I just had my 3 month check up from bypass and am told I am doing great.  I have lost a total of 79  pounds so far, but yikes have about another 90 to go.  I am looking for a support group in the South End. I live in Kent. I find myself being addictied to my scale and fearful that I may stop losing weight, to the point where I am afraid to eat! I am sure others have gone through this, and find I can no longer go this alone!! Please help.. Thanks Collette
Shelley S.
on 11/6/07 9:21 am - Ft Lewis, WA
WOW, congrats on your weight loss, that's awesome!!

Susan H.
on 11/6/07 11:38 am - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with
Hi Collette and congrats on using your 'tool' perfectly!! You are doing an awesome job! I am 6 weeks out, today, from lap RNY. I made a pact to myself while I was on my liquid pre-op diet. I will NOT weigh in more than once a week! And I'm sticking to it! And boy...is it difficult. I did this because I just new that I would become obsessed with what the scale said and it would dictate to me how my day would go. That is not healthy. Not in the slightest. As you know, we have 'stalls' in our weight loss and it's not because (for the most part) we are doing anything different. Our bodies need and take time to rest and work its way through.  So please...please don't let the scale dictate to you. Go more by how you are feeling that day and how your clothes are fitting. The scale is just numbers.  Best of luck to you and congrats again on doing such a fine job! Susan =0)

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/07 1:21 pm, edited 11/6/07 1:22 pm - My home in GOD's country

Hi Collette,  Even after 18 months post-op and 134 lbs lost forever, I "STILL" love checking the scale EVERY MORNING Weighing...even when I KNOW there is NO NEWS (weight loss)...To ME, it feels like CHRISTMAS-Oh the EXCITEMENT of it all! ! ! The ONLY downside that I see in weighing every morning is having to replace the batteries in my digital scale...SUCH a small price to pay for such a THRILL!LaughI guess being "addicted" to the scale is FAR BETTER than being addicted to FOOD huh? THANKS WLS! EDITED to add:            BalloonsCongrats on your 79 lbs. LOSTBalloons 

nancy6
on 11/6/07 1:52 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Collette - You're doing GREAT!!  Keep up the good work.  I think it would be helpful for you to get into a support group.  There is one in Auburn that will be meeting next week on Nov. 13th.  Call Merrilou Gronholdt at 253-939-8865 for the location.  I have not attended that one, but plan to next week.  She sells vitamins, etc., geared for WLS patients.  Her business is called Enjoy Health, Inc.  There's also a support group in Puyallup with Vitalady.  They meet next week Nov. 13 and 14th.  Michelle and Don Curran own Vitalady and run it out of their home at 12105 - 78th Ave. E. in Puyallup,  It's near the Costco in Puyallup.  I did go to that one last month and there were probably 15+ people there.  I'm scheduled for surgery 11/27 and plan to get involved in one or both of the above groups as a support group will be helpful for me, I'm sure.  Anyway, keep up the good work and follow your doctor's instructions and you'll do fine.  Maybe I'll see you at one of the support groups next week! Take care, Nancy
cfidecaro
on 11/7/07 10:01 am - Snohomish, WA
Hi Nancy, Thanks for your words...I will try and contact the support groups you mentioned. I am at a point where I need others who have gone before me...I need the support! I read your profile and it sounds like you have a great blended family. I two have a large blended family. I have two children of my own 27 and 25 with them comes 2 in-laws and 4 grandbabies!! When I remarried, I inherited 4 more children who are now 25, 23 19,18, and it includes another in-law and 2 more grandbabies. There ages are 5,4,3,1,1 and 4 months. So in total I have 3 boys and 3 girls. I worked out well for me as I wanted more children when I was younger, but could not have more.  Having so many to take care of, taking care of me has fallen to the bottom of the pile. It is hard to put myself first for a change. I hope to see you at Puyallup meeting on the 13th~ Take care, Collette
Most Active