Where Are You?

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/10/07 4:02 am - Buckley, WA
Hi all . I had open Medial RNY on 9-28-06 , by Dr. Oh . I live in Buckley & go to Vita Lady's support group .  Tip Top weight - 344.7              consult - 319                current -177                    goal -169 I am at the point where I can easily take in too many calories . So , i'm really concentrating on healthy foods . You'd think that'd be easy after surgery . But , old habits sneak back easily . I don't dump from too many sugar grams , as far as I can tell . But , have recently discovered that for some reason I do get sick on candy . Must be the combo of fats + sugar .. I am so glad , really . After just a couple tiny hershy pieces , I was so queezy . Pathetic that that makes me happy . lol . But to me it's a blessing . I love my RNY & am looking forward to teh big "T" . Tummy Tuck . Hopefully in the early spring . Kathy

nancy6
on 11/10/07 5:14 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, All - I'm fairly new to this, too.  I've been on the site for several months, but just got involved in the message boards the last few weeks.  After jumping through hoops with my insurance, I finally got approval and a surgery date a couple weeks ago - surgery will be November 27!  Once I got that approval, it became "real" to me so I decided to get more involved in the OH boards.  I find the support and information are awsome!    I live in NE Tacoma and attended Vitalady's support group last month and plan to again next week.  I am married and we have 4 adult children between us, none living with us.  My husband has 3 teen-aged grandchildren as well.  I'm looking forward to joining others on that "loser's bench" soon!  Reading the successes of others is very encouraging - thanks to you all! ~Nancy~
colleenak
on 11/10/07 1:50 pm, edited 11/10/07 1:50 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
HI! I'm Colleen and I'm having a revision done on Dec.14th with Dr.Dellinger at U of W. I was going to have my surgery in May with Dr.Oh, but he canceled my surgery the night before. He felt I was too high risk. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with him.  I have a wonderful surgeon, with Dr. Dellinger.  My husband who is on OH ( Mike Kerns) had his proximal with Dr. Oh and has lost around 100 lbs since June. He's off all medication and doing terrific.   We both attend Vita Ladies support group when we are able to  and it is terrific. 
Most Active