Where Are You?

girly_girl
on 11/4/07 11:31 pm - McChord AFB, WA
So I am new to this board and haven't talked to many people. Tell me (and maybe remind others) what stage of the journey you are in. I started at 253lbs I had open RNY on August 6, 2004 I have had two kids since then Lost a total of 105lbs. (148) Since my last kid I am up 15lbs (163) I am having a consult for my TT on Thursday YAY. I still struggle with portion control. I was able to eat more during my pregnancies so now that I'm not preggo I need to try to cut back (my stomach  won't allow me to eat as much and it hurts and causes me to throw up). Okay that's me. How about everyone else. I look forward to meeting ALL of you. :O)
Angelina 
Pre-Op: 253 - Lowest: 148 - Current: 158
Shelley S.
on 11/5/07 12:51 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I'm in the stage of met with surgeon, now have a class to attend, then I will be making all my appointments.  Some of them are already going to be taken care of because of the testing my PCM is putting me through, so that's kind of nice.  I am starting at around 304, hoping ultimately down the line to be between 140 and 150.  I already have an "apron" of sorts after my last child and c-sections for both kids, so even my surgeon says getting the "pretty me up" stuff done later on should not be an issue of getting approved.

vitalady
on 11/5/07 12:20 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
If you guys can both come to support groups next week, you can meet each other!

Our meetings are here in Puyallup, not far from Costco, 7pm, Nov 13 & 14, then a bands-only on the 15th.

You are so welcome to come and maybe find some other(s) who have had or are considering pregnancies and what they did.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

slugworth
on 11/5/07 3:56 am - Stanwood, WA
I am pretty new. I am 40 days out. Lost 28 pounds. Doing great though. Type 2 diabetes is pretty much gone with no meds. -Van High/Surg/Now/Goal 412/387/359/250
Shelley S.
on 11/5/07 6:01 am - Ft Lewis, WA
That's promising to know about the diabetes.  I was just told on Thursday I have type 2, and start a med tonight actually (Metformin).  I had an antibiotic I was taking and she wanted me to wait until it was gone.  Finding this out gave me even more reason to get surgery, even though I was already in the process.  Congrats on your weight loss!

merleygirl
on 11/5/07 8:27 am

Hi Angelina,  I had my surgery (lap-band) in Feb. 2007.  I am not doing very well on it.  Only lost about 20 lbs.  I know a lot of it is my own fault as I have a hard time staying away from sweets.  When I had my surgery I was told I could only eat between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of food.  I do get a lot more than that down.  I think I need to have my band tighter.  After all this time it is still only at a 5.  I think that is too loose after all this time.  Do you have trouble with food getting caught in your throat?  Is that from not chewing enough?  I just feel awful about the whole thing and wish I had of had gastric bypass instead but I knew this was safer. Well hope to hear back from you Judy

rocknrobin
on 11/5/07 9:28 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi there! I had my lap band placed on July 13 of this year. I started around 273, lost 12 pounds on the two-week pre-op diet. I am down about 55 pounds total now (at 218 as of today). I have done great with the band and am so happy with my decision. I try to exercise every day, and I, too,have to watch portions on the "bad" foods especially, since those are the ones that tend to go down easier (sweets). I hope to get down to around 150, but not really sure since I have not been that weight in about 20 years! I started out a size 24 and am now an 18. I would like to be around a size 10 or 12. I guess I'll see as I get there. Right now I am really excited to be heading close to "onederland". Robin
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
Susan H.
on 11/6/07 11:27 am - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with
HI ALL! I'm Susan. I live on Camano Island (north of Everett), married, three teenagers, two mine, one his. I had lap RNY on 09/27/07 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico after a LONG and difficult fight (with attorney)with my insurance company. I am 6 weeks post-op today down 46 pounds. Whi*****ludes the two week pre-op diet. I'm doing 'alright'. It seems to take time to learn the new plumbing. However, I do not regret my decision one intsy bit! Hope to meet and chat with you soon! Susan =0)

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/07 12:59 pm - My home in GOD's country

Hi, my name is Angie, I am NEW to THIS "Washington Board"; I live in Yakima, Washington.  I have been on the OH "DS" Forum for over a year and a half. * I had the Duodenal Switch Surgery in Brazil by Dr. Marchesini May 23, 2006. * I have currently lost 134 lbs and am 23 lbs from goal (317 to 183 so far).  * I no longer have any symptoms of diabetes. * My blood pressure is normal (use to be high).   * I no longer suffer from aches and pains brought on by obesity (now they are only from being 55 years old.. Laugh ...and THEN they are few and far between)! ** See my Profile for all of the things I am able to do NOW compared to before the surgery! My daughter (29) had the DS surgery 10 months (July 2005) prior to my having it (May 23, 2006).  Watching her during the whole process, from RESEARCHING all kinds of WLS to choosing the DS, to having the surgery, and witnessing her recovery and the way she was able to eat and still lose SO MUCH WEIGHT (she has lost about 145 lbs so far), not to mention, she no longer suffers from PCOS. She has also had a baby since having had the surgery and she did phenomenally well and was much healthier than during her first two pregnancies pre-op. Having had the Duodenal Switch (DS), I am now living like a NORMAL person and am treated as such. FINALLY!  I love having had this surgery, it has definitely changed my life.  I never feel deprived since I do not have to limit my choices of food and the surgery made the amount I am able to consume of a "normal" nature.  I eat pretty much the same kinds of foods I ate BEFORE my surgery, but LOTS SMALLER AMOUNTS and I get full, not to mention COMPLETELY SATISFIED!  No more Guilt, No more dieting! I am truly loving my Duodenal Switch Surgery results and I thank my daughter for her courage in having it first and I thank GOD for working out every detail that made it possible for us BOTH to have it. 

carlyngail
on 11/8/07 1:47 am - Moses Lake, WA
Hi!!  I just had surgery on Monday (11/5/07) and am home now.  Working my way through this liquid diet phase.   Are there any other WLS patients in the Moses Lake area that are here or lurking?  I am looking to get a support group together, the travel to spokane for group will be difficult once I go back to work.   I had LAP/RNY. Carlyn

Most Active