Medicines

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/07 1:19 am - WA
It has been 2 weeks post op and I am not sure if I can just take some of my medicines whole.  THey are really small pills and was just curious if I still had to crush them up?  Any help would be great.
vitalady
on 11/4/07 11:16 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
You have to go by what your doc says, of course.

I never crushed a pill. Some of the ones that were larger, getting toward Tylenol size, I cut in half for the first 30 days only. The rest? Down the hatch.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

lizzybear
on 11/8/07 5:29 am - Olympia, WA
Like Michelle said, I'd check with your surgeon.  Lots of people don't have to crush theirs, but others do.  My doctor told me I even had to crush up my birth control pill which is super-tiny and my anti-anxiety pill which is about the size of 1/3 of your pinky nail!  I'm hoping they change that at my 2-week post-op check up next Monday.  It would be totally awesome if I could quit having to crush pills - they are so bitter!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active