Help need pre-op diet or diet's

Sassybel94
on 11/4/07 12:02 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Can some of you give me some idea's on a good pre-op diet or liquid diet. Yes, had the RNY surgery twice before with other doctor's, but never had to do a diet for them. This doctor just wants to see if I can loss any weight before surgery. Will also post question on main board. Thank you for your time. Anita

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/07 1:17 am - WA
My doctor had me on a low carb diet, about 30 carbs a day.  I had to lose 13 lbs before surgery so I decided to start about 5 weeks before my surgery.  I ate alot of sugar free jello, whip cream, cheese, and hot dogs.  I couldn't do the liquid thing, but did the low carb thing pretty good.
Starting Over
on 11/4/07 6:08 am
A 3rd bypass? wow! I read your page and saw why you needed the second one, but why do you need a third one? I also have a 30 carb a day maximum and 70-80 protein minimum diet for atleast 4 weeks pre-op (but luckily this is my last week of it. YAY)
vitalady
on 11/4/07 11:18 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm thinking you were at last month's meetings? I hope you'll come back (Nv 13 & 14) and maybe some others can give you some hope?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active