Starting "Bandster Hell" Diet tomorrow

Chris M.
on 11/3/07 4:48 am - Graham, WA
Tomorrow my journey begins.  I start my 10 day liquid diet.  It looks like it's "clear" liquids only except for the protien shakes.  Anyone know if tomato soup is OK if it's made with water?  Probably not but I thought I'd ask.  I know it's going to be a LONG 10 days but it will be well worth it.  If anyone has any suggestions as to what helped them get through it, I'd really appreciate the input.  I'm really getting excited and can hardly believe it's almost here.  Hope to hear from you soon. Chris

nancy6
on 11/3/07 5:38 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Chris - I know it doesn't seem like it now, but I'm sure those 10 days will go by quickly and you'll be so glad you did it!!  At least that's what I'll tell myself when I have to start the clear liquid diet in just over a week!    The clear liquid diet we were told to use doesn't include tomato soup, but does include tomato, snappy tomato or clamato juice (as long as the sugar count is low).  But I have a different surgeon so your dr. may have a different routine.  I'd suggest calling their office on Monday to confirm.  Just hang in there and be sure to get all the protein in as I was told that is the most important to help with healing and weight loss.  Hang in there and I'll be thinking about you!  Let me know how you do on all this as I'll be a couple weeks behind yo for surgery.  Although I'm having lap RNY, I think we'll go through much of the same things!  Take care and keep in touch if you'd like! Nancy
rocknrobin
on 11/3/07 5:56 am - Vancouver, WA
The sugar free jello really helped me. I must say it was almost easier for me to just do liquids than to try and do diet food. I knew that I could not have any food at all for the two weeks. I even made it through a 4th of July BBQ with just my big tall cup of protein drink. No one even noticed I wasn't eating. You will be amazed at yourself, I know! Good Luck, Robin
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
Chris M.
on 11/3/07 6:44 am - Graham, WA
Thank you Nancy and Robin.  I'll be sure to keep in touch.  The thing that will be hardest for me is that my days are really long.  I leave the house for work at 5:30 am and don't get home until 6:45 pm so it's not like I can go to bed if I start feeling too bad.  I live in Graham and work in Kent.  I ride the bus down to the Sounder Train Station in Puyallup and then ride the train...It's great.  No being stuck in traffic and less wear and tear on my car.  You're right though, I know I'll get through it.

rocknrobin
on 11/3/07 10:49 pm - Vancouver, WA
Also don't forget to baby yourself during this time. I told my family not to expect anything out of me for the two weeks. Let your house go if you need to - whatever you need to do to get through it. I of course did not cook much at all - I let my husband do that. Just focus on you for the next 10 days if you can. Take care! Robin
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
lorisb
on 11/7/07 12:39 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hey, at least you can rest on your travels!  How goes your liquid food?  I'm fortunate that my surgeon only required it on the day immediately before surgery.  There are so many theories on this one I just defer to surgeon advice. Like Robin said, be sure to pamper yourself and be willing to accept that you may get really tired.  Most of us did. Good luck! Lori
Chris M.
on 11/7/07 12:51 pm - Graham, WA
The liquid diet is actually going better than I thought it would.  The first day I felt like I had the flu but now with 4 days down, it's not so bad.  I'm suprised that I don't really feel that hungry.  I can't believe my surgery is one week from today.  Time is really passing quickly now.  Went to the hospital for my final pre-op appointment today, now all I have to do it wait.  I'll be checking into the hospital at 5:20am next Wednesday.  Not sure exactly what time my surgery is though.  Anyway, it  won't be long and I'll be on the loosers bench.  Yippee Chris

mommyslittlemonster
on 11/12/07 7:13 am - Stanwood, WA

I know you're about due for surgery but you'll have to be on liquids after so I figured I'd go ahead an comment... My experience was that after several days, I couldn't even stand to look at jello and haven't touched the stuff since! I found a haven in broths from foods I was preparing or my boyfriend was preparing. During Thanksgiving I had turkey broth from the turkey and it was so salty it was like gravy. It didn't take much at all for me to be satisfied. Also I lived off of raspberry lemonade crystal light and still do. Diet V8 splash was a life saver as well. Sugar free hard candies help a bunch as well.  Goo luck with your surgery, it will be life changing!!!

110 pounds down and still going!

Most Active