Dr Oelshlager at UW

teresarae
on 10/29/07 6:36 pm - Shelton, WA
   Well I made it through surgery on Friday. Still kinda sore, but otherwise I fell pretty good. The staff at the UW were awesome. Dont know if I mentioned this before, but I have Crohns disease and  take Remicade infusions. I was getting them at the UW until about 2 years ago when I found a place closer to home to get them. Imagine my surprise when I was wheeled to my room after the surgery and recognized all the nurses, lol I was sent to the same floor after surgery as I always went to when I got the Remicade.  My insurance required me to stay overnight and I am glad I did. The first night wasnt really fun...but they gave me good drugs. lol . It is really the weirdest thing that I dont feel hungry at all. I lost 6 pounds before the surgery and have lost  5 more since, so I am off to a good start.  Guess thats all for now, if anyone has questions about the UW just holler.
margaret P.
on 10/30/07 2:44 am - ferndale, WA
Glad to hear your home and doing well im still on pre-op diet but doing okay i am getting closer to nov 16 th surgery but im having the rny so I will  be there a bit longer then you , did you have a chance to see Dr. Oelshlager before surgery? Is the surgery floor close to the pavilion? Your off to a good start soon I will be too! I am so excited to have this done can hardly wait! Take Care hope to chat with you soon again .    Margie
teresarae
on 10/30/07 4:26 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Margaret...    Yep Dr O stopped in before surgery to take a look at tummy area. lol He said he wanted to have an idea of what it looked like so he could see if there were gonna be any future problems. I checked in at the surgery center which  is down those spiral stairs. checked in at 5:15 am and waited maybe 10 minutes before they called me back. Changed into hospital gown, then waited for the team members to do their thing. the surgery was supposed to be the first one of the day at 7:30 but I dont think they started until around 9:30 opr 10 . I remember waking up kinda lol in recovery about 12:15.  Stayed there for a couple of hours then went to my room on 4 south. Dr O stopped in that evening to see how I was doing and told me he wouldnt be there on Sat but his team would check on me. On a side note lol my poor girlfriend who picked my up on Sat morning got stuck in all the Husky game traffic. Said it was a   nightmare. lol . You will do just fine....it was really weird the day before I was sooo calm and stayed that way all the way through. I guess I felt in my heart that it was just the right thing to do. I already feel like it is the best thing I have ever done for myself..You take care too .
Most Active