Introducing Myself

girly_girl
on 10/27/07 2:24 am - McChord AFB, WA
Hi everyone. My name is Angelina. I am 25 and had my WLS in August of 2004. Since my surgery I have lost at total of 105 lbs and had two kids. I am currently up a few pounds from my lowest weight, but have a 10 week old baby boy to show for it.  I haven't posted on the Washington board before. I had my surgery in Texas and have more recently been active on the Post Op Pregnancy board.  Anyway, just looking to meet some new people here that have gone through what I have.  Look forward to becoming a part of the group. PreOp: 253 Lowest: 148 Today: 162
Angelina 
Pre-Op: 253 - Lowest: 148 - Current: 158
Pam A.
on 10/27/07 2:38 am - Northeast, WA
Angelina, Welcome to Washington! I'm afraid I don't get out to read the boards much anymore so you won't see me on many postings, but there are lots of nice people who post on OH. Sounds like you've done great with your weight loss and your pregnancies. Congratulations on the new baby boy! I've managed to lose 220 lbs but am currently fighting the office Halloween candy nightmare...Anyway, I've got to get back to work but I wanted to say hello. Warm regards, Pam
girly_girl
on 10/27/07 3:18 am - McChord AFB, WA
I really think that Halloween is worse than Thanksgiving are Christmas. There is CANDY EVERYWHERE!! Good luck to you and congrats on your loss! Thanks for the warm welcome. Angelina
Angelina 
kittykatzmom
on 10/27/07 12:26 pm - Mason co., WA
Hi< I just found this site, as I', searching for some answers. I hope you can help... I noticed your and A.F family and I was wondering since my husband is reitred A.F did tricare pay for your surgery? I meet with my Dr. at Bangor Naval Hospital on the 8th, I'm hoping I can have the surgery. But didn't know if I should start looking for alternate ways to pay for it.   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Cindy
Geminidream
on 10/28/07 9:27 am - Spokane, WA
Tricare is usually great about wls.  I had my first one (VBG) in '99 and just had revision to RNY in 2006...both covered by Tricare.  They also covered breast reduction but not a tummy tuck because they felt I didn't have enough of a medical need, more just cosmetic.   Good luck with your consultation! Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
kittykatzmom
on 10/28/07 10:24 am - Mason co., WA
Thank you Molly,  I'm really excited about my consult, I just hope My Dr. ok's everything, he told me about 1 yr. ago that he has only referred 1 other patient for any kind of wls, so I hope I can be his 2nd referral, he believes in doing things the old fashion way...I', just tired of the yoyo effect and my wiehgt is getting worse all the time no matter what I try.  I will worry abotu a tummy tuck when and if the time comes. If you had to do ithis all over again  would you??? Cindy
Shelley S.
on 10/27/07 11:09 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Angelina! I'm new to this board too, well to Washington too, been here since mid August..  We live in Puyallup, hubby works at Lewis (active army).  I haven't gone through it yet, but will be soon.  Gone through the first couple of appointments.

girly_girl
on 10/27/07 12:46 pm - McChord AFB, WA
Congratulations. I am so excited for you. Really. It is the best decision I ever made. Right now I am waiting for my referral for my tummy tuck through Madigan. It is such a blessing that tri-care covers those too.  If you need anything let me know. :D
Angelina 
Shelley S.
on 10/27/07 1:36 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Oh I know, I'm grateful they cover the surgery and the cosmetic part of it if need be.  My doc says I should have no issues getting approved for the tummy tuck later down the line because I already have the apron thing going on after having my last child (17 years ago lol) so he says when I lose a lot of weight, it will only be worse and therefore very much needed.  My husband is set to retire in a few years so I am trying to get all I can get done now, since I have no idea what is covered afterward.  The way I see it, I never used the military medical near as much as I could have probably, so I'm going to make up for it in spades now  hehe.

Geminidream
on 10/28/07 9:29 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Angelina!  Congratulations on your weight loss and your lovely, growing family.  Nice to 'meet' you here.  I don't read this board as often as I should because I spend most of my time on my surgery month board lately.  Definitely nice to meet other wls patients though!   Molly 

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Most Active