Anyone in WA had a StomaphyX revision done?

freeme
on 10/12/07 1:16 am
Hi everyone!   I'm almost  5 years out from a RNY and find that my appetite has increased by leaps and bounds.  I've read about this procedure which is called a StompahyX and its a revision done by endoscope.  I'm looking for a doctor who can perform this procedure in WA or OR.  I live just north of Vancouver, but can travel both ways.  I would appreciate any information you may have on this.  Thanks for taking the time to read my post. 
vitalady
on 10/12/07 4:05 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Dr. Ki Oh in Federal Way has qualified for this procedure, known also as a ROSE procedure.

253-275-6030

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

freeme
on 10/12/07 5:22 am
Michelle - Thanks so much for following up on my question.  I've sort of followed you on the boards over the last few years as we both had Dr. Fox.  Do you know of anyone who has this procedure and did it work?  Dr. Fox is currently working with meds to help my appetite, but I sure would like to have something else done to help.  I seem to build a tolerance to the meds he has me on.  Thanks again for taking the time....
vitalady
on 10/12/07 12:17 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Well, don't know if you've called lately, but Dr Fox isn't there. EARL moved to Eastern WA, Ross closed up the Tacoma office and Auburn has not opened as of yet.

There are some ppl on yahoo grads who have had it. Here's the link. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Graduate-OSSG

Just not by Dr Oh, as yet. He reminded me again just a week ago.

Since I had a recent regain (and loss), I think he wanted me to do it, but I still have restriction. Just that fudge is not very restricted, you know? Just to clarify, now that it's gone, it is very much back on the no no list. Don't know what the HECK I was thinking when I tried "just one".

He often will say, "You don't have restric any more, do you?" Um, yes, lots. Not like new, no, but plenty enough.

But sugar melts and slides right on down, and absorption begins in my flapping mouth, darn it.

Of the 3 I can think of who've had it done, 2 don't feel any difference, one does.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Molly Mae
on 10/25/07 11:50 pm - WA
Sigh...tis the fudge season huh? LOL! I totally feel your pain....thanks for the chuckle!
Most Active