Looking for new PCP in Seattle/Eastside

jodi_b
on 10/10/07 12:51 am - Bellevue, WA
I am actively looking for a new Primary Care Physician in the Bellevue/Issaquah/Redmond area or Seattle.  My current PCP is not helpful, she still blames every little thing on my weight (even though I had lap RNY in May) and does not listen.  I would ideally like to find a PCP who understands WLS and the challenges that can come with having RNY and who will be proactive in my health. I am having difficulty with my blood pressure medication and have gained almost 15lbs in the past 3 weeks due to retaining water and major swelling in my legs.  My WLS surgeon wants me on a BP with a water pill but my PCP won't make the change.  I am beyond frustrated at this point since I am eating no more than 800 calories a day so I am not gaining fat, it's jus****er.  I have had swelling in my legs (calf area) on and off for the past few years, each time that was brought up at an appointment my PCP ignored my concerns. Any recommendations would be helpful! Thanks, Jodi Lap RNY 05/09/07 Dr David Lauter, Bellevue, WA starting/current/goal 410/309/175?
PlicketyCat
on 10/21/07 7:16 am - Kenmore, WA
Might be a bit out of the way for you, but I highly recommend Dr. Julie Brogren at Mill Creek Family Practice. She is wonderful and very supportive of WLS and co-morbidities. She even diagnosed some issues I've had for years that other doctors had no clue about or didn't even notice. I feel completely confident putting my health in her hands (and that's saying a lot since I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to medical practitioners).
Most Active