Has anyone been a patient of Dr.Thomas Hirai ??

southerngrl
on 10/5/07 3:30 am - Mt Vernon, WA
I am trying to find out any info onthids doctor. I have seen where people have talked about his partner Dr Oh they are the group @ St. Francis Weight Loss Surgery Clinic. I need to know what he is like. I am tryinmg to decide between the 2 doctors.  PLEASE HELP !!!! ~Melissa
PinkFlamingoes
on 10/8/07 3:25 pm - Buckley, WA
Dr. Oh did my initial surgery & 1st post-op . But , Dr. Harai (sp) has been doing all of my aftercare . Whereas Dr. OH is an above average surgeon (my opinion) , his bedside manner is not great . Dr. H has a great personality , doesn't hurry you , & is very enthusiastic . They assist each other in their surgeries . So basically you're getting them both as surgeons . I personally like Dr. H's bedside manner better . But , you couldn't be in better hands with Dr. Oh . Did I confuse you ? The conclusion is , you're getting both as surgeons , you are really choosing your post-op doctor . Dr. Oh is stoic , quiet , & factual . Dr. H is young , enthusiasti , & knows his stuff . Kathy

Kattin
on 10/9/07 12:45 am, edited 10/9/07 12:50 am - WA
Dr. Oh did my surgery in Mar.2007 and I've had no problems. He's a great surgeon!! My follow up appts. have been with Dr. Hirai and he's wonderful!! He's very pleasant, easy to ask questions to, and never hurrys you. Good luck on you're up coming surgery, you'll do great. I've lost 72 lbs., and feel great! Take care, Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

beckyboo87
on 10/10/07 12:48 pm - bremerton, WA
I too had Dr. Oh do my surgery with Dr. Hirai as his assistant. (At least thats what I assumed happend.....I was sleeping during the surgery so I didnt really SEE who performed the surgery...he he he) Dr. Hirai saw me for all my follow ups. Just earlier this week though, I saw Dr. Oh for the first time since my surgery. I like them both just fine. I have not had any bad experience with either of them.  I think youll be good in either ones hands....Id give em both my votes of confidence.
Beckyboo
High 275 / Low 130 / Current 130 / Total Loss 145 / Below goal by 36#
Most Active