O/T New to this section, not new to board

GingerLee2
on 10/13/07 7:04 am - College Place, WA
Me neither, I just hit this button by mistake and all these states came up, so of course, I had to come and look! What you guys been sayin about me behind my back? Ginger
Shelley S.
on 10/20/07 12:14 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi everyone, I too didn't know each state/area had their own boards.  I just started posting on the RNY board a day or so ago.  Just wanted to say hi

nancy6
on 10/20/07 1:02 pm - Tacoma, WA

Hi, Shelley - Welcome to the Washington forum...  I'm pretty new here, too, but wanted to reach out to others.  I looked at your profile - that's great that you are able to get into the surgeon sooner, but a bummer that your hubby can't be there, too.  You'll just have to ask lots of questions!  I just got the approval from my insurance to go ahead with the surgery and am awaiting a surgery date.  Looks like it will be sometime in December.  What an exciting journey we are on.  It has been very encouraging to me to see how well others have done with the surgery and am very anxious to get it done, too.  I wish you all the best as you move on to your appointment.  Take care.....................Nancy

Shelley S.
on 10/21/07 12:58 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Nancy and thank you, all the best to you too!  I have a couple of sheets of questions, most I got from this website, then my husband added some of his own as well as a few some family members had.  One of my best friends is going with me to see the surgeon, I'm hoping they let her come in with me, but if not, I know she's right outside the door, which helps since my husband can't be there.  He has however told his main boss that when I actually have surgery, he will want to be there and his boss knows all about this type of surgery and is very willing to work with him on letting him be there. My husband's schedule this time was already set in stone and I didn't want to wait for another opening, so I went ahead and took it.  I too love looking at everyone's profiles and hearing their stories, and the before and after pics are just amazing! I can't wait to be a big loser!

nancy6
on 10/21/07 1:22 am - Tacoma, WA
That's great that you have all that support - it can only help!!  I think you were wise to go ahead and take the appt. even if your husband can't be there.  The sooner you get things rolling, the sooner you'll be losing that weight!  It's exciting to think about!  I've had lots of hoops to jump through for my insurance and I hope the military medical system goes quicker for you.  Take care.
Most Active