My 1 year surgeversary .

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/1/07 9:51 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Nancy . Dr. Oh is one of the very best in the country . He's only had one fatality , & that wasn't his fault , it was the patients fault . St. Francis staff told me that (not Dr. Oh) . He is very particular about his protocol , which ensures a good result pre-op & post-op . His staff are mostly former patients , which makes it great . I don't know where you live , but there is a great support group in Puyallup . It meets the 2nd tuesday & wednesday of the month . Vita Lady hosts it & offers lots of great advice & samples . She & her husband are RNY'ers & own a store geared for the bariatrics patient . They sell all over the country & we are lucky enough to have them locally ! I started going there pre-op . I haven't been able to go the last couple of months , but it is so worth your time to get involved in a support group . Since you've completed your requirements , I'll bet you hear good news really soon . Unfortunately my insurance had an exclusion , so I had to self pay . They pay , now . Figures , huh ? Congratulations on your journey to a healthy new you . Kathy

nancy6
on 10/1/07 1:38 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Kathy...  I really appreciate the input regarding Dr. Oh - I've heard lots of good things about him, but nice to get first-hand info from a patient...  Thanks, too, for the enouragement to attend the support group.  I think it would do me a lot of good and will check it out.  I'm waiting impatiently to hear from the insurance company...Thanks again for the encouragement!            Nancy
vitalady
on 10/1/07 10:25 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
He's worth waiting for. I've brought ppl from all over the country for him to fix. You're HERE so you can get it done right the first time.

You can come to support group and write down all the great thrift stores I'll be giving Kathy next week, if you want. Meetings are Oct 9 & 10.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

nancy6
on 10/1/07 1:42 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Michelle.  I have heard of you (Vitalady) through Dr. Oh's office and would love more info on the support group you run.  I live in NE Tacoma, but lived in the general Puyallup for many years so am familiar with the area.  I look forward to hearing more about the group.  Thanks again! Nancy
vitalady
on 10/2/07 9:47 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm right off 112th between Canyon Rd and Costco. Meetings are 2nd Tuesday & following Wed, so this month, Oct 9 & 10, 7pm.

We taste any new stuff that we are sent. My own groups are my "deciders" if something is a winner or loser. LOL Lots of power there!

Generally, we do not have speakers. YOU are the speaker. I like to see everyone get a chance to tell their intro story and hear the one of the person next to you.

Two deviations are when I first come back from the ASBS conference and Christmas, when we have food, otherwise the meetings are not food focused, either.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Im2fun4u
on 10/1/07 5:42 pm - tacoma, WA

Great Job Kathy. I am 2 months into my journey today and couldn't be happier! You have done a great job! Keep up the good work! Liz 

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

Most Active