My 1 year surgeversary .

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/29/07 12:59 pm - Buckley, WA
Yesterday was my 1 year surgeversary & I missed it  !  I thought about it earlier in the week , but spaced yesterday . lol . In one year I have lost 142 pounds (8 pounds to goal) , gone from size 4x top to L / XL , pants 24 to 16 . Sometimes it seems unreal . At times I feel awkward when I shop . Sizes are so non-uniform . My cholesterol has gone way down & my labs are great  . Of course I take a ton of supplements . The only downsides are : #1 - my bank acct is taking a major hit from buying all new clothes . #2 I'm majorly fighting head hunger & grazing . #3 I'll be deep in debt for many years to come (self pay) . All of these things are worth it . !00 % . xoxox Kathy

lorisb
on 9/29/07 2:23 pm - Vancouver, WA
Congrats on your success and your new life! Lori
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/30/07 5:41 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks , Lori . Where was your Avatar picture taken ? Vancouver ? I love scenery pictures . My Christmas card is always a picture i've taken of the kids , at the ocean .  Kathy

lorisb
on 9/30/07 9:26 am - Vancouver, WA
Lol!  It is somewhere outside of Ketchikan, Alaska taken on my Alaskan cruise in June. This lady walked up to me and said I looked like I could use a flower and handed me the beautiful rose I'm holding.  Since we were getting ready to return to Seattle and I knew I couldn't bring it back into the US, I had the picture taken to remember it by.  I just love how the blue hues all played off of each other in the picture. Lori
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/30/07 1:20 pm - Buckley, WA
I want to go on an Alaskan cruise someday . My mom went a few years ago & had the time of her life . A friend just got back from her Alaskan cruise last week . It sounded so wonderful . Kathy

lizzybear
on 9/30/07 5:09 am - Olympia, WA
Happy belated surgeversary!!!  Congratulations!!  I'm very excited for you - you sound so happy!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/30/07 5:48 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Izzybear . I am happy . Your day is coming quick , I bet you're excited ! It isn't a cure , but it sure gives us a leg up . My progress seemed slow to me , at times . But 142 pounds (whi*****ludes my pre-op loss) in a year is a lot of weight . #1 tip , don't compare yourself to others . It seems that people mostly post the outstanding or tragic events . The majority of us putter along losing sporatically , but steadily . I hope your time get's here quickly . Waiting is so hard . Kathy

vitalady
on 9/30/07 9:35 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Hey! Congrats! Friday will be my 13th surgiversary.

But, didn't I teach you better on shopping? THRIFT STORES. We've got a ton of 'em around here. I get some drop dead cute stuff, often new with tags for under $1 regularly.

My personal fave is Old Navy. I can wear their size 4 in pants always. But in tops? I have everything from XS to XXL! I don't think we'll ever see standardization in sizes. Ever.

So, in shopping the thrift stores, at least I can take ON or GAP size 4 into the dressing room. Saves a lot of stress. Everything else, of course, I have to eyeball. And if I'm wrong? No big deal.

I just bought ome ON size 2. They fit last weekend, but I didn't sit in them! DUH. But for $1.50, I can put them on freecycle and re-home them, you know?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/30/07 1:16 pm - Buckley, WA
Congrats on 13 years , Michelle !  WOW ! I do go to thrift stores , but haven't been that lucky , so far . The only pants that fit me right are pull on jeans from Walmart . I'm sure after I have my TT it'll be a little easier . The sizes are crazy . Tops are easier than pants for me . But , I can wear anywhere from a L-XL , or 14-18 .  haven't adjusted to regular sizes , yet . lol . Kathy

nancy6
on 10/1/07 6:45 am - Tacoma, WA
Congrats on your surgeversary!!  Your post caught my eye and then I saw your surgeon was Dr. Oh.  I'm in the process of trying to get insurance authorization for Dr. Oh to do my bypass.  I'm not very patient - had to go through a six month physician directed program before we could submit paperwork.  Hopefully the paperwork is at the insurance company now and I'll hear something soon.  Anyway, it was just good to see someone with such great results from Dr. Oh and I just wanted to say "hi" and congrats!  Keep up the great work! Nancy
Most Active