Surgery RNY Oct. 18th wt.361 could use some advice

lovemyarab57
on 9/25/07 1:04 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi I am both scared and excited about this. I could use some advice and help. I am on the protein and vitamins right now, I hope that it will truly give me a boost when surgery comes. Does anyone know how long after surgery there is no lifting,when can you return to normal and what about exercising? I have a horse and ride frequently. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how long I will be unable to do these type of activities. Thanks, Elaine B.
Vicki PNW
on 9/25/07 9:06 am
Check with your surgeon.  The forums are inappropriate for giving medical advice.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

lovemyarab57
on 9/25/07 2:26 pm - Spanaway, WA
I see what you are saying I am new to this board and nervous too. So sorry I didn't mean to overstep the forum of this board. I will ask my surgeon on Friday when I go and see him thanks so much. Elaine B.
Im2fun4u
on 9/25/07 6:26 pm - tacoma, WA
Elaine, I am also a Dr OH patient and Im sure were all different but I know in general he says 6-8 weeks. I have my 2 month follow up on friday with him. He is a great surgeon and will take very good care of you.

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

lovemyarab57
on 9/27/07 6:02 am - Spanaway, WA
 Hey that is good to hear about Dr OH do you attend a support group? You look great in your post op pictures. It is very encouraging to see. I am finding my way around this site. How do you make a page like yours? it is really nice. I need all the support I can get right-now. Thanks so much Elaine B.
vitalady
on 9/27/07 10:44 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
We have support groups here in Puyallup, not far from Costco. Oct 9 & 10 are the next ones.

You know your lifting question is not a standard answer. It depends on what he finds when you have your surgery, exactly what you do and several factors. So, while for some it's just a flat 8 weeks or 2 weeks or whatever, he will customize his answer to fit your question. Annoying, but kinda cool when you think about it, huh?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Im2fun4u
on 9/29/07 4:10 pm - tacoma, WA
Elaine, I do attend the Vitalady Support groups! Try them, they are great! Not sure about all the details of getting things on the profile. My 14 year old puts it all on for me. This is kinda like my version of myspace! lol!  Liz

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/26/07 1:48 am - WA
Talking with Dr. OH is the best thing you can do, also if you feel like talking try one of the support groups! Good luck Merrilou
nancy6
on 10/1/07 6:51 am - Tacoma, WA
Elaine - Congrats on the surgery date!  I can understand the scared and excited part, but I'm sure it will all go well...  I'm also a patient of Dr. Oh's and awaiting approval (hopefully!) from my insurance company to get the bypass done.  Sounds like getting into a support group would be helpful, but I haven't done that yet.  I'm just hoping now to get approval and a date set.  Good luck and happy losing! Nancy
Most Active