Abandonment of Mexico Lap-Band Patients

MindyK
on 9/20/07 3:33 pm - Bremerton, WA
I've seen many people post on these boards about where Mexico Lap-Band patients can go for after-care.  It seems that most of the Doctors in the NW have adbandoned us.  Hmmmm.  I can think of more reasons than malpractice insurance for this to happen.  What a way to discourage prospective Bandsters from having their surgeries in Mexico, even though this is often the only way possible for them to have surgery at all.  I think this is a way to keep all the $$.  What about those of us who had our surgeries years ago when the Lap-Band was very new here in the U.S or before it was approved here?  This is an outrage.  These Doctors were all gung-ho to get our aftercare business then.  I chose my Mexican surgeon, not because he was cheaper, but because he was/is one of the best out there...even now.  He had tons of experience with the Lap-Band and I wanted an experienced surgeon.  I have had absolutely no problems with my Band and even knowing what I know now about this abandonment I would still choose Dr. Rumbaut as my surgeon.   Thanks for allowing me to vent.  Now, with that being said, can we start a true and updated list of who will and who will not see a Mexico Lap-Band patient?  Please on list the Doctors if you know for absolute sure wheter they will or will no see a Mexico Lap-Bandn patient.  There are a lot of us out there, and we need our aftercare!  Thanks!!
grayeyes
on 9/22/07 1:27 pm
I feel your pain.Dr Rumbaut did my surgery as well and he is really good.I had my surgery almost a year ago,and have not been able to have an adjustment yet.I went to Dr Fox,and he eas unable o find my port due to my thick midsection,and the fact that he doesn't use fluoroscopy.The closest Doctor I could find is Dr Neal in Olympia,so we'll see how that goes.I was told by 4 hospitals that they refuse to see people banded in Mexico.Good Luck!
slugworth
on 9/22/07 2:56 pm, edited 9/22/07 3:00 pm - Stanwood, WA
Have you looked up http://www.northwestfills.com ? I think there is one in Arlington.
MindyK
on 9/23/07 4:20 pm - Bremerton, WA
MindyK
on 9/23/07 4:22 pm - Bremerton, WA
Yes, I've heard of them and that they will fill Mexico patients.  Thanks for replying.  Anyone out there know of any Doctors that will do total Lap-Band aftercare?
freyja313
on 10/8/07 10:52 am - Bellevue, WA
I believe - but am not 100% sure - that Dr. Srikanth in Federal Way will provide aftercare to patients who have surgery in Mexico. Give his office a call to find out for sure: (253) 815-7774. I was also under the impression that Dr. Oh does aftercare as well. Good luck!
PinkFlamingoes
on 10/8/07 3:38 pm - Buckley, WA
I think you're right . I was told that Dr. Oh will do the fills , too .

Dontondan
on 11/4/07 6:10 am - Bremerton, WA
I recently checked with fillcenters USA and they may possibly be starting a fill center in Poulsbo, but havenn't been able to find anyone trained to run it.  The say that another one in the Northwest is in the works, but they don't have a location yet.   Donna
MindyK
on 11/4/07 7:12 am - Bremerton, WA
Yeah, some places will do fills, but no aftercare.  Hmmmmm.
Most Active